Region 4-5a

BLUEcash

Just a little bit on transfers and the always controversial zone exemptions.

The DNJ had an article about zone exemptions yesterday.  The thing that really surprised me was that there have been about 300 zone exemption requests for next school year and that over two-thirds of those were approved.  I know that this covers all grades but it still seems like a lot of exemptions and that the approval rate is very high.

It did say that they look hard to guard against zone exemptions for athletic reasons.

Two months till football...

825692529[/snapback]

Yes TDC...and did you notice that OHS's enrollment was 1399 and that the school that was built to ease our over-crowding has over 300 students more than we do? And wait and see the 3 families that were in the headlines trying to escape "evil" OHS to go to Siegel.....wait and see...they will be approved. The feature story about the lady with lupus.....if they had never granted her an exemption out of Central to go to Siegel Middle, then she would have made "friends" to help with her car-pooling problems for band.And then she wouldn't be in the boat she is in now. I always thought it was amazing how 3/4 of our band got exemptions to go to Siegel with the band director that first year. Politics at their best in action........Good old Ken Nolan with his crooked ways. I hope he knows that old saying about "What goes around......cause it is coming like a freight train....

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes TDC...and did you notice that OHS's enrollment was 1399 and that the school that was built to ease our over-crowding has over 300 students more than we do? And wait and see the 3  families that were in the headlines trying to escape "evil" OHS to go to Siegel.....wait and see...they will be approved. The feature story about the lady with lupus.....if they had never granted her an exemption out of Central to go to Siegel Middle, then she would have made "friends" to help with her car-pooling problems for band.And then she wouldn't be in the boat she is in now. I always thought it was amazing how 3/4 of our band got exemptions to go to Siegel with the band director that first year. Politics at their best in action........Good old Ken Nolan with his  crooked ways. I hope he knows that old saying about "What goes around......cause it is coming like a freight train....

825692543[/snapback]

it always does. but this shouldn't be to big of a surprise it is mr. nolan ( no offense to those who don't know what I am talking of)

Anyone from the Boro should know what you're talking about.

825692682[/snapback]

Yeah but some of these kids from shs may not know and it wasn't wxactly making riverdale looking to well either while the staff and other players didn't have anything to do with it we all still look bad becasue of it

Oh I sure doooooooooooooooooooo!!

825693237[/snapback]

For all the folks who are NOT from the Boro, there are TWO Principals in Murfreesboro named "Mr. Nolan". They are brothers. One is the P at R'dale and his brother is at Siegal. He 'used' to be at Oakland before he went to Siegal. ;)

Their one really good claim to fame was they BOTH pushed the "Battle for the Boro". ;)

Now is it a little clearer? :D

The "band instrument" issue is strickly between Oakland and Siegal. The 'director' used to be at Oakland before he went to Siegal. B)

See, players are not the ONLY thing that is being 'recruited' in the Boro! :P

It is fun to watch though!

For all the folks who are NOT from the Boro, there are TWO Principals in Murfreesboro named "Mr. Nolan".  They are brothers.  One is the P at R'dale and his brother is at Siegal.  He 'used' to be at Oakland before he went to Siegal. :D

Their one really good claim to fame was they BOTH pushed the "Battle for the Boro". ;)

Now is it a little clearer? :o

The "band instrument" issue is strickly between Oakland and Siegal.  The 'director' used to be at Oakland before he went to Siegal. :P

See, players are not the ONLY thing that is being 'recruited' in the Boro! :D

It is fun to watch though!

825693247[/snapback]

the way i figure the schools will start recruiting managers and ROTC cadets eventually it will come down to food service personel and janitors, "Our janitors have more experince than yours do"