Soddy Daisy's Infield

nobsn

I have watched several teams play this year, and in my opinion SD has the best defence in TN. The middle infield is strong and they work well together. SD's third baseman covers alot of grown and gets to balls most 3rd basemen's wouldnt, she also works well with the shortsop nothing gets between those two unless its an honest hit. And just from watching i dont suggest you bunt on SD either thier corner's will be in your back pocket. One thing i think needs improvement is SD catching! Too many passed balls!. SD's catcher can swing a bat better than anyone in Tn, but her catching need's alot of work, mainly fundamentals! Does SD have another catcher? SD's pitching is great, but without that defense thier ERA's would be alot higher. Can anyone argue that they are the best defensive team in the State?

I  have watched several teams play this year, and in my opinion SD has the best defence in TN. The middle infield is strong and they work well  together. SD's third baseman covers alot of grown and  gets to balls most 3rd basemen's wouldnt, she also works well with the shortsop nothing gets between those two unless its an honest hit. And just from watching i dont suggest you bunt on SD either thier corner's will be in your back pocket. One thing i think needs improvement is SD catching! Too many passed balls!. SD's catcher can swing a bat better than anyone in Tn, but her catching need's alot of work, mainly fundamentals! Does SD have another catcher? SD's pitching is great, but without that defense thier ERA's would be alot higher. Can anyone argue that they are the best defensive team in the State?

825659747[/snapback]

I'd have to give the edge to Goodpasture, although soddy is definitely a great defensive team also. If catching is a big weakness, they cant be the best defensive team in the state. Catcher is the most important defensive position on the team, and any weakness will cause a loss quicker than anything in a close game, whether it be from passed balls, a weak arm, or slowness in getting out on a bunt.

I agree that SD does have a really good defense and so does Goodpasture. There are many other teams out there with good gloves also. Coffee County, Lincoln County, and Columbia all have strong defenses. Lincoln Co. has played both SD and Goodpasture and during the games nothin seems to get past any of the players unless its a clean hit.

I  have watched several teams play this year, and in my opinion SD has the best defence in TN. The middle infield is strong and they work well  together. SD's third baseman covers alot of grown and  gets to balls most 3rd basemen's wouldnt, she also works well with the shortsop nothing gets between those two unless its an honest hit. And just from watching i dont suggest you bunt on SD either thier corner's will be in your back pocket. One thing i think needs improvement is SD catching! Too many passed balls!. SD's catcher can swing a bat better than anyone in Tn, but her catching need's alot of work, mainly fundamentals! Does SD have another catcher? SD's pitching is great, but without that defense thier ERA's would be alot higher. Can anyone argue that they are the best defensive team in the State?

825659747[/snapback]

S.D has a pitcher who strikes out 6 or more batters a game that helps any infield. Soddy has a great pitcher, the 2nd best centerfielder in

chatt. and a real good 2nd basemen. The rest are good solid A-ball players which is more than most schools have.

S.D has a pitcher who strikes out 6 or more batters a game that helps any infield. Soddy has a great pitcher, the 2nd best centerfielder in

chatt. and a real good 2nd basemen. The rest are good solid A-ball players which is more than most schools have.

825660335[/snapback]

Who in your opinion is the best Centerfielder in the Chattanooga area??????

825660335[/snapback]

what makes you think that SD's center fielder(lindsey stiles i believe)is the second best in Chattannooga when there are so many more in the area that are just as good if not better than her?

I agree with nobsn. Soddy has a very strong defense. If I was a pitcher and I could choose an infield I would choose Soddy's . I have to also agree with the comments about their corners. It is very hard to get on from a bunt against Soddy. I would not agrue that their infield is the best in Chattanooga. There is no doubt that they are very loaded!! :)