District Tournament

skinny23jac

what do yall think will be the top two teams in the district tournament? I believe Friendship will probably be first, and then Westmoreland and TCHS will have a battle for second. TCHS has comeout strong this year so far tying a school record for most wins in a season and going for more. I just want to know what everyone else thinks!

Go Jackets!!!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are crazy if you think there will be any competition for first or second.

825661104[/snapback]

I think your crazy if you think it is a shoein for second. Yes Friendship will most likely get first unless something drastic happends, but as for second just because Westmoreland is doing well doesn't mean they can't be beat. I guess we will have a preview on Monday.

Smell Em!! Go Jackets!!!

Trousdale would have to be considered the favorite to finish 2nd in the district tournament. Trousdale has played a much more difficult schedule than Westmoreland. They threw a freshman and their #3 against Westmoreland in the 1st two games, Westmoreland threw their #1 both times. Trousdale made a slew of errors in both games and gave away the victories. Trousdale will probably be ready to unseat the Eagles for the regional berth. If Trousdale didn't throw a freshman against Friendship, they may have won the last meeting with them.

Trousdale would have to be considered the favorite to finish 2nd in the district tournament. Trousdale has played a much more difficult schedule than Westmoreland. They threw a freshman and their #3 against Westmoreland in the 1st two games, Westmoreland threw their #1 both times. Trousdale made a slew of errors in both games and gave away the victories. Trousdale will probably be ready to unseat the Eagles for the regional berth. If Trousdale didn't throw a freshman against Friendship, they may have won the last meeting with them.

825661640[/snapback]

That is true about the errors, but now the Jackets are ready to go and get em!! It will be a fight to the end and hopefully the Jackets will pull it out.

Go Jackets!!!

Edited by skinny23jac

3&OUT, because Trousdale threw a freshman against FCS last time had nothing to do with you getting beat.  It was 9 to 0 and if I am correct in order to win you have to at least score 1 run.

825662523[/snapback]

Yes you are right about that game, but the first was only 7-4. It just depends on who plays better that day, plus you can't throw your ace every game!!

Go Jackets!!!

If I am correct trousdale still has not wrapped up third in the regular season yet. Their game with MJCA could have some barring on who they play to get into the tournament.

825662424[/snapback]

It will be either Watertown or Gordonsville, which Trousdale has beat each two times already this year. I still say it just depends on who plays better that day!!

Go Jackets!!!

trousdale and whs play this week so i think we'll get an answer pretty soon.from what i hear TC ace has arm trouble. whs played poorly today against FC and got beat pretty bad. no doubt it'll be close TC always plays them tough atleast 1-2 a year because Davy gets his boys to believe they can win. but really it doesnt matter what happens in the season its about the tournament.either way it'll be TC and whs in a first round match up.if you loose that one you go home cause you got friendship next.good luck to all.

trousdale and whs play this week so i think we'll get an answer pretty soon.from what i hear TC ace has arm trouble. whs played poorly today against FC and got beat pretty bad. no doubt it'll be close TC always plays them tough atleast 1-2 a year because Davy gets his boys to believe they can win. but really it doesnt matter what happens in the season its about the tournament.either way it'll be TC and whs in a first round match up.if you loose that one you go home cause you got friendship next.good luck to all.

825662977[/snapback]

Who do you think our ace is? If you are thinking of Vetetoe, he doesn't have arm problems!

There is no doubt that Matt Vance is the ace pitcher. When he is on the mound they can't be beat. All comers had better watch out and that includes Friendship. It was only 7-4 against them the first time and if not for all the errors then Trousdale would have won. That is right isn't it Skinny23jac?

Edited by ugaplaya44