DII Middle Coaches

rnbrnb

I've been watching the Division II middle region all year and I was wondering who everyone thought might be the top coach in this region.  Who has done the job this year???

825663303[/snapback]

I think Rex Bowman of Father Ryan should be recognized for what he has accomplished so far this year. His team is playing hard and he gets the most out of his players. Last year was his first year as head coach. The '04 squad started out with a lot of young playes. At one point in the season they were 2-7-1. They finished the year with solid play and runners-up to BGA in the region. It is important to note that they lost to BGA early in the year (corrected me if I'm wrong) 6-0 and lost to them in the championship game 1-0. Quite an improvement! This years record speaks for itself. The team has played a difficult scheduled and has won some very tough games. Look at the first 4 teams that they had to play. Ryan could have easily been 0-4 at the start. One of the toughest Ryan games I watched this year was the 1-0 win over Farragut. Watch out for Farragut their back on the rise! The point is, that as a coach, he is not affair to face a tough schedule. I believe that he prepares his team well for each game, but most importantly his players respect him. He's a fine young coach with a very bright future.

I think Rex Bowman of Father Ryan should be recognized for what he has accomplished so far this year. His team is playing hard and he gets the most out of his players. Last year was his first year as head coach. The '04 squad started out with a lot of young playes. At one point in the season they were 2-7-1. They finished the year with solid play and runners-up to BGA in the region. It is important to note that they lost to BGA early in the year (corrected me if I'm wrong) 6-0 and lost to them in the championship game 1-0. Quite an improvement! This years record speaks for itself. The team has played a difficult scheduled and has won some very tough games. Look at the first 4 teams that they had to play. Ryan could have easily been 0-4 at the start. One of the toughest Ryan games I watched this year was the 1-0 win over Farragut. Watch out for Farragut their back on the rise! The point is, that as a coach, he is not affair to face a tough schedule. I believe that he prepares his team well for each game, but most importantly his players respect him. He's a fine young coach with a very bright future.

825663408[/snapback]

I agree with you. I think Coach Bowman has done an excellent job. Anybody else or is Coach Bowman the hottest right now????

My vote is definitely for Coach Bowman. His determination and will to win is very contagious for his players. Father Ryan has done well under his reign. As one of his players, i love playing for him and he's a great guy. He keeps us motivated and our minds on the goals we want to achieve.

Uhhh R.O.B BGA has a lotta talent. Taylor, Wade, Dustin, Bristol, J. White, those guys all have lots of talent, but on the flip side there coach deserves credit because of where he has gotten them with all the talent that they lost. Also BA's coach is probally one of the strangest. He has just made the move of putting his goalie in midfield and benching his starting center mid, also he has moved his center back to center mid now and moved his other mid out wide and has benched his captain who is a senior who now will not be starting on senior night, because the coach thinks that he has not been playing like he is capable. This coach needs a wakeup call, anyone else agree?

Uhhh R.O.B BGA has a lotta talent. Taylor, Wade, Dustin, Bristol, J. White, those guys all have lots of talent, but on the flip side there coach deserves credit because of where he has gotten them with all the talent that they lost. Also BA's coach is probally one of the strangest. He has just made the move of putting his goalie in midfield and benching his starting center mid, also he has moved his center back to center mid now and moved his other mid out wide and has benched his captain who is a senior who now will not be starting on senior night, because the coach thinks that he has not been playing like he is capable. This coach needs a wakeup call, anyone else agree?

825664084[/snapback]

Just be careful talking about coaches. There are usually a lot of factors behind coach's decisions that most of the players don't know or understand. You have all the right in the world to dissagree, but I will not let this get to a post that just bashes any coach. So, let's get back to saying the positives about the coaches.

825664084[/snapback]

I know Randy Johnson well and I can assure you he is in complete control and knows what he is doing. With thirty years of collegiate coaching I can assure you there is a reason to his actions. thumb

Edited by TDJ85

• 3 weeks later...

Well the DivII Middle region is done. I would like to know what people think about the end of the season coaching jobs now!

From previous posts...looks like Rex Bowman (Ryan) and Rob Mitchell (BGA) are the favorites. What does everyone think???

Does anyone know who will get the Region Coach of the Year????