Red Bank vs. East Ridge

tymonster3

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, ER won 2-1. BOTH goals were off PKs by Michael Stewart. The last one was in the final minute. There was a very close no-call in the East Ridge box that would have given RB a PK with about 20 seconds left. Our guys didn't play their best, but earned the win.

btw, Red Bank has got to be one of the best teams around with a losing record. They played hard all night. My hat's off the them.

Edited by Coop

im not one to go on and on with excuses for losing games. and ive always thought that it doesnt matter who dominates the game, or who deserves the win, but its who can put the ball in the goal, even if its a penalty kick. anyone would gladly take a pk if they got one, no matter how controversial it is. but this season , and after last night's game, has changed my philosophy of all of that. even when east ridge was awarded their second pk with a minute left, it didnt really bother me that much, cause i knew we had the momentum at the moment and would get another chance...and when our player was taken down in the east ridge box not 10 seconds after the last call at teh other end, by not 1, but 2 east ridge players, and the ref just smiles gives a little chuckle and keeps moving...

im sorry to say that the soccer in chattanooga has stooped to the level where its not just the teams playing on the field but the ref's as well. and the mvp of the games are the men with the whistles.

east ridge played a good game, i have no hard feelings towards them. their hard work and hustle will take them a long way and make up for a lot in their post season run. good luck.

Yea I do have to admit that them not calling that tackle in the box at the very end of the game was a big factor of this ER win over a good red bank team. Like Coop said I give props to a very good red bank team. But red bank had quite a few open goals that they didnt capitalize on. If it makes you feel any better we had the same problem with the same reffing tues. against CSAS. but very good game and good luck