2005 11U/15U State Title Scores Posted

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates for the 11U/15U State Championships?

825668088[/snapback]

I saw both finals but not sure of the scores. Both games were close with the 15 year old game being very exciting. The Pride had to come back in the last few minutes to take the lead. It looked like they would win, but the TN Flight pulled it out in the last minute. I think the score was 67-64. The West Tn Tigers are the state champs at 11u with the Trotters coming in second with a great effort.

Great games. Great tournament.

I saw both finals but not sure of the scores.  Both games were close with the 15 year old game being very exciting.  The Pride had to come back in the last few minutes to take the lead.  It looked like they would win, but the TN Flight pulled it out in the last minute.  I think the score was 67-64.  The West Tn Tigers are the state champs at 11u with the Trotters coming in second with a great effort.

Great games.  Great tournament.

825668148[/snapback]

You failed to mention that Team Pride was up by 13 points at half time, 44-31, I think. This was in the 15U.

How did the KAYA Stingers end up? I thought they would have contended for the state title.

825668264[/snapback]

The Stingers lost in the semis to Team Pride in the opening bracket round after having a double figure lead in the second half.

What is the format to determine the #1 seed out of pool play when two teams have one loss each. In the 11U bracket, the Trotters lost to Team Pride but were still the #1 seed coming out of pool play. Since both teams had one loss, does the

higher seed remain #1?

Points, the + or - 13 points system might be in place here not sure. It is a system that gives a max of 13 or a min of 13 to a winning or losing team.

If you win by 3 then the point are +3 for the winner and -3 for the losing team. After the pool has been completed all teams have accumulated certain amount of point and they are used when needed to seed teams, and sometimes decide wither a team makes it out at all.

Not sure of the situation you are referring to but this is another situation they use if need to break ties.

Edited by Hopi

Points, the + or - 13 points system might be in place here not sure. It is a system that gives a max of 13 or a min of 13 to a winning or losing team.

If you win by 3 then the point are +3 for the winner and -3 for the losing team. After the pool has been completed all teams have accumulated certain amount of point and they are used when needed to seed teams, and sometimes decide wither a team makes it out at all.

Not sure of the situation you are referring to but this is another situation they use if need to break ties.

825668502[/snapback]

Yes. Hopi made a good guess. The point system Hopi referred to was the system used at the 11u/15u State Tournament in Memphis. The 11u Memphis Elite were relegated to playing for 5th place due to that tie-breaker system. They had to win their last game by 9 points or more to be in the top 4, but only won by 8. By the way, the Memphis Elite won that 5th place game and won a bid to Nationals.

Heard the refs let'em play and some tempers got out of hand, any comments?

825668533[/snapback]

I can speak to that. The play was what you would expect from an AAU state tournament, and the refs kept it under control. The referees were mainly college officials, and they did a great job of managing the games.

I can speak to that.  The play was what you would expect from an AAU state tournament, and the refs kept it under control.  The referees were mainly college officials, and they did a great job of managing the games.

825668602[/snapback]

The only tempers flaring was an isolated incident with one team, and specifically one parent. Neither the team nor the officials should be judged by this one incident.