Wild Card Games

WestKnox

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey do you guys know who the refs were. Cuz there are two of them that I just can't stand. One of them is dean, the weird one with the glasses. For one thing, he called one of our JV games when we were wearing black, and he said blue every time. For another, he likes to watch individual players. Another one is the one with the long hair. He gets very tempermental for seemingly no reason. Even though i just did it, we don't need to be ragging on the refs because without them, we couldn't play. Peace

PS Franklin gets my vote for classiest team. We were with you guys in the stands for a while, and you were perfectly polite. All the parents were raving about you. Sorry you lost to Lussane/cordova. Did anyone else think that the refs stunk at our game vs ravenwood?

Hey do you guys know who the refs were. Cuz there are two of them that I just can't stand. One of them is dean, the weird one with the glasses. For one thing, he called one of our JV games when we were wearing black, and he said blue every time. For another, he likes to watch individual players. Another one is the one with the long hair. He gets very tempermental for seemingly no reason. Even though i just did it, we don't need to be ragging on the refs because without them, we couldn't play. Peace

PS Franklin gets my vote for classiest team. We were with you guys in the stands for a while, and you were perfectly polite. All the parents were raving about you. Sorry you lost to Lussane/cordova. Did anyone else think that the refs stunk at our game vs ravenwood?

825674165[/snapback]

Thanks for the compliment Knox

Yeah the championship weekend refs weren't that great either, gotta say I got a little aggravated on some of my penalties. While some I may have deserved, they were really awkward in their calls. I use a Revo Pro, and I had to use my backup because of that stick, I wouldn't recommend that head at all. The stringing I had on it has ripped 4 or 5 times over the past month, its really aggravating.

Yeah the championship weekend refs weren't that great either, gotta say I got a little aggravated on some of my penalties. While some I may have deserved, they were really awkward in their calls. I use a Revo Pro, and I had to use my backup because of that stick, I wouldn't recommend that head at all. The stringing I had on it has ripped 4 or 5 times over the past month, its really aggravating.

825674332[/snapback]

Not to diss you or anything, but is that the sticks fault or the stringers fault? But i do agree with you about the refs. When our game with ravenwood was still close, they called two penalties that i think changed the course of the game. But like i said before, we can't rag on them because thats all we have and without them, we wouldn't be playing.

I havne't done any custom stringing on it myself, just used the basic traditional stringing they gave me. Plus when you buy that head, they actually have it too pinched. I bought that head maybe a month ago, and its already illegally pinched. And of course, me being lazy, I didn't feel like fixing it, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm thinking about getting a rocket-pocket put in there, anybody use those? What are your thoughts about them?

Yeah, the revo and evo pro are way too pinched. When u play with either one (More so the evo) the top of the head gets real narrow and if u dont watch it the head can become less than 6.5 inches wide so u cant play with it.

One of our attackmen has a rocketpocket it has great hold and a great release(really smooth). but personally i dont like it because it is really heavy and u can't feel the ball in the stick: plus when u shoot it or pass u cant feel it come out because there is no "bump" at all.

just personal preference though

i use a torque with 6 diamond mesh

I'm thinking about getting a rocket-pocket put in there, anybody use those? What are your thoughts about them?

825675260[/snapback]

If your going to get a rocket pocket make sure your committed to working it after every time you use it. Rocket Pocket's are worthless after a game or practice when its just rained...ifff you dont keep up with it. But if theres ever a time to get a rocket pocket i guess the offseason summer time when its dry is. But for other custom stringing styles check out http://www.bacharach.com/catalog/198

While we're talking about heads, let me point out that there is a sale on a bunch of heads at lacrosse.com. They include brines top of the line edge-X for only $29 unstrung and $35 strung. I know i will pick one up and try out the fresh mesh. The site is lacrosse.com.