District 11-AAA Tournament

soccerfan05

Thanks for the great recap of the game... as always, very nice. Sounds like a tough night for the Rebels. Really unfortunate... hopefully though, we can keep a coach and build on a season.

This ref... what did he look like? I'm wondering if he's one of the horrible ones from last year. I hate to complain about officiating in any sport... but sometimes it is needed... seems like it was this time.

825671691[/snapback]

One of these days someone from the losing team is going to shock us all and show some class by not complaining or blaming a loss on the officials.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TDJ, I wasn't complaining. A non-biased Centennial fan was complaining. I was stating that it seemed like he had good reason to do so.

Go through any of my posts after Franklin losses in any sport and you'll see that I have hardly ever, if at all, blamed officials for a loss. The reason Franklin lost is because Ravenwood made PKs... that can't be argued. However, that doesn't mean that one can't complain about officiating. Complaining and blamming are two totally different things.

TDJ - I am not even associated with Tennessee. I was here visiting and was really upset with the quality of your referees - being one myself. That game could have been so much better if you didn't have to worry about who was going to get hurt - or if the ref was going to totally lose control of the game. I agree with the review of the game but I would have given Franklin control for about 35 minutes of the 1st half rather than 20. I don't even know that Ravenwood got into shooting range much during that time. The ref lost control of the game early on. Seemed like he was trying to get control by giving yellow cards - looked like he was going to give a yellow card to #10 on a play where the keeper and #3 were involved and the keeper got hurt. Ravenwood coach came out and said something and the ref reached in his pocket for cards talking to #10 as he was walking. It was a shame to see.

The 2nd half changed momentum when #3 missed several opportunities and when #8 got second yellow. Franklin's #8 seemed to be talking to the ref alot. Not sure what was said to get him the yellow but he had already walked away and seemed to be set up in the wall when the ref decided to give him the 2nd one - with me I give the card if your inappropriate at the time you say the wrong thing - not after I think about it a minute.

For Ravenwood their goalkeeper was clearly MVP of that game and came out big in saves. Their defense also collapsed in the box well. Didn't think Ravenwood had too much more than that other than very physical play - but that is usually how it is in High School.

Although I know most states struggle to get referees - having someone like the guy in the center of that game is almost worse then just running 2 refs. I know I would be reporting him if I had been an assistant on his game and I would make sure I never worked with him again. I can't say that I have ever thought that before about any game I've seen or been a part of.