Fairview 4, Page 1

PageMan

Fairview.....0..0..1....0..0..1....2.....4..5..0

Page..........0..0..0....0..0..1....0.....1..4..1

WP - Zeph Wuchina had 12 K's and went the distance

LP - Jeff Hughes had 11 K's with relief from Matt Bowling in the 7th

Fairview had 1 run in the top of the 3rd as Cole Cassidy had a bunt single, advanced to 3rd as Luke Putnam was caught in a run-down play between 3rd & home, and scored on a sac. bunt by Brayton Hudgins. Fairview added another run in the top of the 6th as Hudgins walked and PR Justin Dowdy advanced on a WP, PB, and WP to score. Page's only run came in the bottom of the 6th as Cory Herald singled, advanced on 2 WP's, and scored as Page had a double steal. Fairview's final 2 runs were in the 7th as Luke Putnam walked, stole 2nd, and scored on a double by Luke Ficken. Hudgins scored after he walked and eventually scored on a bases-loaded walk by Clay Sharp.

Page just couldn't get the hits they needed as they left 3 runners at 3rd base during the game.

Fairview advances in the winner's bracket as they will host Loretto who defeated Giles, 1-0, at 7:00 tomorrow while Page will travel to face Giles Co. at 5:00 tomorrow.

Edited by PageMan

Yea, I was real disappointed in our hitting tonight. Wuchina looked pretty good with his 12 K's, but he did give up 7 walks. Fairview had a total of 3 bunts, one of which ended up a single so Coach Putnam knows how to move the runners up. The only really solid hits wre Ficken's double and Luke Putnam's single up the middle. Good luck to Fairview against Loretto and I hope Page can get the hitting going tomorrow in Pulaski. I glad you can make the game in Fairview tomorrow, Gerry. It should be some good games in both locations.

Wow, what a game, I gotta say, the plate umpire has to be TSSAA's worst i have ever seen. for both teams. page really had a lot of scoring chances they missed leaving many on base. Fairview also lost 2 runs in failed suicide squeeze situations. But great game!!

You're right, Catch 10, there could be a rematch between Page and Fairview. We'll have to see how things go today. I think Fairview is playing great ball right now and will be the team to beat. I expect a great pitching match-up today between Fairview and Loretto as Bobby Buttrey should face Mark Lamm. I think that Lamm only pitched in relief yesterday at Giles. Page will have to forget about last night's game and get down to business in Pulaski. It's time for them to get their bats going again.