Lexington Baseball

stealinghome

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I been watching Lexington baseball for a few years now and I`ve watched helmets thrown, batts thrown, helmets kicked, and heard foul language come out of players mouths.  There is no dicipline on this team.  Its time for new leadership.

825669564[/snapback]

The great thing about message boards forums are that everyone can voice their opinions. You have voiced yours. I am going to voice mine. You are an Idiot.

Don't hide behind a screen name. If you want complain, come on out and say who you are. If you have the guts.

Brad Davis

LaVergne High School

Formerly of Lexington High School

I was at the Lexington/Milan game last night. I did not hear anything unusual from any of the players on either side, I think that both coaches make sure that their players do not make spectacles out of themselves. However, some parents should really take a look at the example they are setting. Both sides let their thoughts be known to the crew. That I can understand, afterall, its tournament time and you have to pay so you might as well get your money's worth, but something that is unexcusable was something that I heard from the Milan crowd. Milan was calling Lexington players by name (I remember in particular a "great swing, Deberry!" from the Milan crowd after the Lexington player missed a pitch...come on, now). You can yell at umpires, you can yell at coaches, but never yell at a kid. That is just as bush as it comes right there.

As far as leadership goes, ask any body that knows anything about baseball and they will set you straight on that one, I was on some good teams, some mediocre teams, and a couple of horrible ones; the Lexington team is fine.

Cussing every pitch not to their liking? I was pretty close to the action, and I have to say that is pretty ludicrous. I definitly do not condone that sort of thing, but they are kids, and I heard about the same from both sides, so I would not single one side out over the other. Lets try to stay objective here.

I can guarantee that Coach Patterson does not condone any "cussing", throwing helmets, etc. as I know him very well. I can guarantee that one of his players will not continually do things to bring down the team, themselves, or Lexington High School. I have been part of many Lexington/Milan battles and I can promise you that you have not heard anything coming out of a Lexington dugout that tops what has came from Milan's. I know Coach Joyner doesn't condone that junk either. Before you make accusations, you need not turn a deaf ear to your own.

Both teams are well coached and both coaching staffs attempt to do the right things. But, you will never be able to keep kids from embarrassing themselves from time to time. They are, after all, kids.

If you want to make accusations and throw around inuenndo, I can drop a bunch on you. I have many stories to tell about how I was personally treated at Milan after we won and lost games there. I can also tell you stories about how Milan players have acted at Lexington. But that isn't the point and I will not. I respect Coach Joyner and his staff and I know that they can't control everything that a 15-16-17-18 year old kid does. The same goes for Jason Patterson and his staff. He is doing the very best he can, and I think the Lexington program is in great shape. You could not find a better man that Jason Patterson. He lives and breathes baseball and I'd love to have him in Middle Tn with me.

So Mr. Mallard, before you try to remove the speck off of the Lexington uniform, you might want to remove that giant spot on yours.

The great thing about message boards forums are that everyone can voice their opinions.  You have voiced yours.  I am going to voice mine.  You are an Idiot.

Don't hide behind a screen name.  If you want complain, come on out and say who you are.  If you have the guts.

Brad Davis

LaVergne High School

825669617[/snapback]

WOW!!!Brad Davis

LaVergne High School

You don't beat around the bush do you ?

You get right to the point. If I'm not mistaken you helped coach at Lexington didn't you ?

Well Brad Davis

LaVergne High School

I am impressed with your choice of strong words you use.

Is that something you pass along to your players ?

Or is that something you NON-IDIOTS keep to yourself ?

By the wayBrad Davis

LaVergne High School

Why are you formerly from Lexington ?

You know what they say FOOLS NAMES AND FOOLS FACES ARE ALWAYS FOUND IN PUBLIC PLACES.

But that's just my opinion.

I really think it's sad and pathetic when a guy gets on a computer with a screenname and makes his only post trashing high school kids or coaches. That usually means he is a kid or a daddy not happy with his playing time. If that is the case, voice it with the coach, not online. Actually, if you have a problem with the players attitude, voice it with the coach or administration, don't come online.

You know what they say FOOLS NAMES AND FOOLS FACES ARE ALWAYS FOUND IN PUBLIC PLACES.

825669854[/snapback]

Glad to see you made your appearance.

Yes I coached at Lexington for about 7 years.

And if you must know my personal business, My wife and I chose to move to Middle TN because it was a much better opportunity for our family. I took a very similiar job that I had at Lexington, but with a considerable pay raise.

Why call a man out, and not reveal who you are. I guess you fall into the same category as the others.

Coach Patterson at Lexington is the most formal person i have ever seen on a baseball field. He loves baseball and knows how the game is supposed to be played, and thats what he teaches to his team. If he sees any of his players do anything to bring down the team he will address right then and there, even if it is right in front of home plate for everyone to watch. Mr. Davis knows first hand that this bullcrap is not true. He was part of the team for 7 years and was even there when we won state in '02. So way to go STEALINGHOME, way to make yourself look like a IDIOT!! And also one more thing for Mr. Mallard. Was wearing yall's white tee shirts checking yall back into the "real world"? Know what you're talking about before u speak. It helps alot of the time.

Edited by straps007

Boy it seems that somebody can find something negative about every coach. I just with that everyone who gets on this website and has negative things about the way a program is run would start a coaching clinic in West TN. I n my opinon West TN teams conduct themselves as well as any area. And like I said if you do not think that feel free to write a book, start a clinic or even get a coaching job of your own so you have somethin more constructive to do besides picking apart every coach and program that you can't beat. Coaches, keep up the good work, you are representing our area well.

Boy it seems that  somebody can find something negative about every coach.  I just with that everyone who gets on this website and has negative things about the way a program is run would start a coaching clinic in West TN.  I n my opinon West TN teams conduct themselves as well as any area.  And like I said if you do not think that feel free to write a book, start a clinic or even get a coaching job of your own so you have somethin more constructive to do besides picking apart every coach and program that you can't beat.  Coaches, keep up the good work, you are representing our area well.

825670458[/snapback]

WOW!

Actually I just discovered this site. A lot of name calling going on. I have been called and idiot and a parent. I am simply making a statement on what I personally see and hear. The coach may be a fine man, in fact I have heard that he is, but this does not make him a good coach. The Lexington Team has a lot of talent but stop short year after year. I believe that coaching has alot to do with that. This is just my opinion and I am intitled to that just like everyone else and don't deserve to be called names because I voice it.