Farragut's Next Opponent

uknowme

How did things play out that way tonight?

825670022[/snapback]

heritage beat bearden to start the night off. then south doyle played heritage, and ended up run ruling them in the 6th inning , craig smith hit a 3 run homerun to make the score 13-2 to end the game. Good luck to both farragut and south doyle tommorow night.

Heritage defeated Bearden 3-2 in the early game in the D4-AAA tournament at Farragut. It was a hard-fought contest with good pitching on both sides. Bearden was down 3-0 in the B7, when with 2 outs, Kendale Roach hit a 2R HR to draw close. But that was it. Zack Goodson's RBI double off the wall in the T7 proved to be the game-winner.

In the nightcap, South Doyle eliminated Heritage 13-2 in 6 innings. Lance McClain pitched for SD and pretty well handcuffed the Mountaineers with 3 total hits. The Cherokees hit the ball well, with CHawn's 4 RBI on a 2R HR and 2R double; RHolland a 2R HR; and CSmith a game-ending 3R HR. The Cherokees had 7 extra-base hits.

SD plays Farragut at 5pm tomorrow at the Ballpark at Farragut for the D4 AAA Championship. If necessary, a 2nd game would be played at 7:30.

Should be a great re-match.

I haven't seen a 3AAA score, but I'd suspect the teams will be playing to see who gets to avoid Halls in the 1st round of the Region.

I'll be out of town tomorrow, otherwise I'd love to catch the game.

Somebody post a report on CoachT tomorrow night.

Halls has proven that they're beatable this year, when SD comes to play, they can play with anybody.

825670381[/snapback]

I imagine Halls would pitch Larsen against whoever they play in that first game of region so he could turn around and pitch in sectionals assuming Halls won. That would be the plan I would think. That first game of regions will be a pitcher's duel no doubt.