Hickman/Centennial

discj

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleacherbum, everyone has trouble scoring against quality pitching. Otherwise it wouldn't be quality. That being said, Centennial hasn't exactly been burning up the run column either. If Tarrah is on, Hickman has an even chance. Morgan has not thrown all that well to me this week. With 12 AAA being so down, the winner is going to the sub-state either way. I have seen all the teams left over there and there is no comparison. Good luck to Becky and Mike. May the best team win.

Bleacherbum, everyone has trouble scoring against quality pitching. Otherwise it wouldn't be quality.  That being said, Centennial hasn't exactly been burning up the run column either.  If Tarrah is on, Hickman has an even chance.  Morgan has not thrown all that well to me this week.  With 12 AAA being so down, the winner is going to the sub-state either way.  I have seen all the teams left over there and there is no comparison.  Good luck to Becky and Mike.  May the best team win.

825670000[/snapback]

Bigchief...thats true...thats why I gave the edge to Centennial with their defense...although centennial may not get many hits, they will hit the ball, and hickman will make enough errors to give them some runs. Centennial is also the only team in the district to score off Brentwood's 1st 3 pitchers, so they have the ability to hit. Hickman hasnt come close to scoring on Brentwood.

And yes, both teams coming out of distrist 11 should make it to the substate, so its a big game for both.

Bigchief...thats true...thats why I gave the edge to Centennial with their defense...although centennial may not get many hits, they will hit the ball, and hickman will make enough errors to give them some runs. Centennial is also the only team in the district to score off Brentwood's 1st 3 pitchers, so they have the ability to hit. Hickman hasnt come close to scoring on Brentwood.

And yes, both teams coming out of distrist 11 should make it to the substate, so its a big game for both.

825670171[/snapback]

Bleacherbum, looks like you had the wrong team for the errors. Hickman held a one run lead for 7 innings. Tarrah pitched well. As long as they pitch around Savannah they can get to the sub-state. I hate to say I told you so but...............

Congrats to Hickman Co on advancing to the Regional. The games lone run came in the top of the 1st inning on a 3 base throwing error off a bunted ball by the Bulldog leadoff hitter. The Cougars settled down after that and received a 1 hit/no walk performance by Thomas. A very strong pitching performance by Tucker and a terrific over the shoulder, running catch near the fence by the Bulldog leftfielder helped keep the Cougars off the board. Good luck the rest of the way to the Bulldogs and congratulations to the Cougars and their lone senior, Rachel Fowler who went 2 for 3 in her final HS game, on a successful season!

Edited by sbt

Congrats to Hickman Co on advancing to the Regional. The games lone run came in the top of the 1st inning on a 3 base throwing error off a bunted ball by the Bulldog leadoff hitter.  The Cougars settled down after that and received a 1 hit/no walk performance by Thomas.  A very strong pitching performance by Tucker and a terrific over the shoulder, running catch near the fence by the Bulldog leftfielder helped keep the Cougars off the board.  Good luck the rest of the way to the Bulldogs and congratulations to the Cougars and their lone senior, Rachel Fowler who went 2 for 3 in her final HS game, on a successful season!

825671541[/snapback]

Hate to see Rachels HS career end. A really nice girl.

Bleacherbum, looks like you had the wrong team for the errors.  Hickman held a one run lead for 7 innings.  Tarrah pitched well.  As long as they pitch around Savannah they can get to the sub-state.  I hate to say I told you so but...............

825671527[/snapback]

Yes, you are correct....I guess fielding bunts is centennial's achille's heal...they botched several of them when they played Brentwood earlier in the tourney....are you already conceding defeat to to Brentwood since you said Hickman would be playing Hunters Lane?