Giles Co. at Loretto - 5:00

PageMan

I am gonna have to go with Loretto for the victory over Giles. Loretto has the better pitching with Lamm, and Giles has used about everything they got. As far as Petty pitching, he is very hittable and Loretto is on a hot streak. Furthermore, if there is home cooking involved, Giles wont get any. I do believe it will be a close game however: more than likely a 3-1 or 2-0 because the one thing Giles is very good at is Solid defense especially in the infield.

Page Man this is for you by the way:

My dad filmed the game against Giles and when you replay Maxwell going home to get the go ahead run, he was safe, the catcher was a second behind on the tag.

On the play to first base with Kyle Caldwell making an amazing stop and making the throw to first base to get the runner out and the Umps called him safe, he was out, he did slow down thinking the ball was threw the infield and paid no attention.

Now Umps are a part of the game and you have to play around them, and i understand that, but in my eyes even if Giles wins the whole tourney, they truly didnt deserve it.

Good luck to both teams and have a safe trip Pageman

It doesn't really matter, because they reviewed the calls and if what you saw was indeed true then Page would fall into the same boat Giles County was placed in the other night. Giles County was robbed on two calls in the 7th inning that would have tied the game up at 1-1 with no outs.

It's a part of the game, and it's a real shame Giles County had to play Page at all on Tuesday when they could have been playing Fairview in the winners bracket!

If I was Loretto I wouldn't throw Lamm the first game. Try to win the first one without him so he will be well rested for Monday. I would throw him in the second game if Giles won the first one. Hopefully it wouldn't get to that point. I don't think Petty will be real effective since he just threw 2 nights ago as did Lamm. Pierce wasn't too sharp last night on 2 nights rest. We will see though!

Thanks for the info, Lucky#39. It's too bad you can't use instant replay in baseball, but it would be too time consuming and the only hope one has is that another umpire would overrule on appeal, but that rarely happens on close plays at the bases or plate.

If I were coaching Loretto, I would throw Lamm and get it over with. He'll have plenty of time to rest Fri., Sat., & Sun for Monday's game with the district 10 team. Giles faces a must-win situation and must use Petty. I don't know who would pitch the 2nd game if they win. I think we could see more runs than 4 or 5 combined since when players are tired they tend to make errors - mainly in throwing. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I have invited CoachT, the man, to come to this game, but haven't gotten a response yet. If he doesn't make it, I will be calling in after every inn. with a score update and high lights that maybe he will post as a game in progress or something. Check this forum or games in progress on the scoreboard beginning at around 5:15. If any runs are scored, I will call in at the half inning.

Does anyone know if there will be radio coverage of this game by either Loretto or Giles? If so, please post the stations and if they have internet webcasting. I'm sure several people interested in this game would love to listen to it as the early start time may keep people from coming.

Honestly...I don't see Loretto pitching Lamm either game. This is Lorettos best chance to make a state run and if Lamm is well rested for the region I think they have a very good shot a moving along. However, I could be wrong and Lamm may throw some in relief if he is needed. If the bats for Loretto are hot tonight then it will be over in one game easily. Good Luck Loretto!!

That's a thought. There's not much difference in facing Sycamore or Harpeth. They are both pretty strong. Harpeth's pitching is probably deeper and Sycamore probably swings the bat a little better. Either way, with a Monday game all of the D9 pitchers are going to have at least 4 days rest and D10 5. The pitchers should be pretty fresh come Monday.