Webb at Knox Catholic

Hoya

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, does that knock Webb out?  Div II is different, so I am not sure.

825672666[/snapback]

It does. All games in DII East are knock-out once the tournament begins except both finalists advance to the State tournament. In DII Middle and West, both finalists advance and, in addition, the losers in the semifinals play for each Region's third spot to State. All other games are knock-out.

I haven't been able to see any of these teams play and I definitely can't judge by the scores who should be favored. So let's hear it from some people who have actually seen these teams play. Who will win? Who will affect the game? Go on and predict the finals if you are that bold.

My dream: McCallie 2 Baylor 1 in OT to win the region.

In the semifinal game between Notre Dame and McCallie, i predict a McCallie win by two or more goals. Nouri will be McCallie's sparck on offence.

The Baylor Vs. Catholic game is too close for me to call. I can't see either team getting shut out with the attacking ability they have. Each team scored four goals on two pretty good teams (Webb and McCallie). I'm going to have to say the final will be 2-1 but the victory could go to either team.

My dream: McCallie 2 Baylor 1 in OT to win the region.

825673012[/snapback]

PSAFOUR, longtime no posts. How's Centre?

As for your dream, that's my nightmare. I prefer Knoxville Catholic 2, ND 1. Now there's a good dream--an all Irish Region final.

Before then all four teams better concentrate on the semis. There just isn't much difference between the four remaining teams. They've all had some great wins and some untimely or unexpected losses this season and all four are in the top six of the DII ranks. There should be some very good soccer played in Chattanooga next week. Good luck to all four teams.

Does anyone know when the McCallie v. ND game is scheduled?