Bearden v. Farragut

Hoya

Bearden 1

Farragut 0

Next up: Bearden v. Halls and Farragut v. Oak Ridge for the Region Semis.

Watch for Round 3 late next week. Both of these teams will get to the State tournament. Don't be surprised if they are both in the finals for Round 4.

Edited by hoya75

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very evenly played match. Both teams had good chances. Bearden scored on a nice redirected ball by Ryan Radcliffe in the first half. Both teams play very fast and with intensity.

I think their heavyweight schedules are really going to pay off for both of them in Memphis. Bearden played 9 matches against ranked teams. Farragut played 7. No AAA team ranked above them played more than 3 ranked teams and none of them have winning records against ranked opponents. It makes you wonder what the ranking coaches are doing--they sure aren't looking at schedules and results.

Edited by hoya75

Bearden 1

Farragut 0

Watch for Round 3 late next week.  Both of these teams will get to the State tournament.  Don't be surprised if they are both in the finals for Round 4.

825673147[/snapback]

So you don't think Science Hill has a chance at all to beat either team?

Bearden 1

Farragut 0

Watch for Round 3 late next week.  Both of these teams will get to the State tournament.  Don't be surprised if they are both in the finals for Round 4.

825673147[/snapback]

i cant argue with this based on the past few years and if both teams play to their potential....however both teams have shown the ability to be beaten this year. oak ridge is not a given nor is science hill. and once in memphis there will be 3 or 4 other teams that can play on their level. good luck to both teams and hope to see you in memphis.

So you don't think Science Hill has a chance at all to beat either team?

825673203[/snapback]

I absolutely think Science Hill has a chance. I've seen the Hilltoppers play three matches this year and it's obvious they have talent. Nevertheless, SH has only played 3 ranked teams this year with a 0-2-1 result. As for Oak Ridge, they've built a big number of wins by playing weak teams. Their wins against Maryville and SH were impressive, but when it comes right down to it, OR played only 3 ranked teams (outside of A/AA) and ended with a 1-2 record. The only ranked AAA team they beat was Greeneville, a team that played only 1 ranked team all season and lost.

All I'm saying is that Bearden and Farragut played very challenging schedules during the regular season and they are both ready for the State tournament. Anything can happen, but I think both will do well if they stay focused. To me, the real question marks at state in AAA will be Hendersonville (1-2-0 v. ranked teams)and Brentwood (1-2-0 v. ranked teams). No offense intended, but neither of those highly ranked schools played the kinds of schedules Bearden and Farragut played. Nevertheless, Hendersonville's result with Parkview is particularly noteworthy. They obviously have significant talent.

Time will tell.

Hoya, You certainly do your homework in all 3 divisions. Great anaylsis!!

Congratulations to a tough Bearden team who played us last night. The reffing was fair to both teams, Yes, having Austin Rhoades out hurt us, it reduced our ability to change things as we do, but our biggest problem last night was that we were alittle flat after a great game with Maryville and Bearden came to beat us and they did no excuses, I humbly hope we get a 3rd chance

I absolutely think Science Hill has a chance.  I've seen the Hilltoppers play three matches this year and it's obvious they have talent.  Nevertheless, SH has only played 3 ranked teams this year with a 0-2-1 result.  As for Oak Ridge, they've built a big number of wins by playing weak teams.  Their wins against Maryville and SH were impressive, but when it comes right down to it, OR played only 3 ranked teams (outside of A/AA) and ended with a 1-2 record.  The only ranked AAA team they beat was Greeneville, a team that played only 1 ranked team all season and lost.

All I'm saying is that Bearden and Farragut played very challenging schedules during the regular season and they are both ready for the State tournament.  Anything can happen, but I think both will do well if they stay focused.  To me, the real question marks at state in AAA will be Hendersonville (1-2-0 v. ranked teams)and Brentwood (1-2-0 v. ranked teams).  No offense intended, but neither of those highly ranked schools played the kinds of schedules Bearden and Farragut played.  Nevertheless, Hendersonville's result with Parkview is particularly noteworthy.  They obviously have significant talent.

Time will tell.

825673353[/snapback]

hoya....i agree with you...noone plays a harder schedule than farragut and bearden and both teams are better for it. however you will not see the farragut of 04 that cake walked its way through memphis, destroying teams 7-3, 5-0, etc. there will be at least 3 other teams in memphis capable of defeating either one of them....key word capable. i anticipate a very competitive state tourney...and yes, time will tell. good luck to all.

I play for Bearden and we did great last night the whole team came out to play and the end result is what we needed and got so that we can have the momentum going into regionals. Props to farragut for playing a great game last night. Matt Dankins (is that how you spell dankins?) is the best on their team in my opinion, he never gets himself in trouble and always releases at the right time, and he is physical, i should know. We both had our oppurtinities and i am looking forward to another hard fought match.

As for all this state stuff i really believe that if us and farragut go to state like the game last night there is no stopping us in getting to the finals, i know about hendersonville and brentwood but i think if it comes down to it farragut can beat either of them including ol' mcminn county who beat us earlier in the season.

oh yes ben lawson talks a lot of smack in the game. No class at all, i wish he would just play he is too good a player to waste time talking sugar.

I play for Bearden and we did great last night the whole team came out to play and the end result is what we needed and got so that we can have the momentum going into regionals. Props to farragut for playing a great game last night. Matt Dankins (is that how you spell dankins?) is the best on their team in my opinion, he never gets himself in trouble and always releases at the right time, and he is physical, i should know. We both had our oppurtinities and i am looking forward to another hard fought match.

As for all this state stuff i really believe that if us and farragut go to state like the game last night there is no stopping us in getting to the finals, i know about hendersonville and brentwood but i think if it comes down to it farragut can beat either of them including ol' mcminn county who beat us earlier in the season.

oh yes ben lawson talks a lot of smack in the game.  No class at all, i wish he would just play he is too good a player to waste time talking sugar.

825673393[/snapback]

Better not speak to quickly about ol' McMinn County. This season's championship appears to be up for grabs. There seems to be no clear cut dominate team. It goes back to "On any given day; anything can happen".

Better not speak to quickly about ol' McMinn County. This season's championship appears to be up for grabs. There seems to be no clear cut dominate team. It goes back to "On any given day; anything can happen".

825673455[/snapback]

of course mcminn county is still in it i just think that if farragut has there best game and mcminn has there's farragut will win and yes the "any thing can happen" is true we lost to west because we went out slow and finished slow west came out ready and got the better of us. I wasn't putting mcminn county down (they beat us 3-1 so i have no room to say anything) i was putting farragut up.