MUS v CBHS

StewieGriffin

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No elimination, but the stakes are still high. They're playing for the West #1 seed (at state), who will play Middle #2 (BGA maybe?) and be in the opposite bracket from apparent favorite Father Ryan. The loser will be the West #2 seed and play East #2 at state . . . then have to face Father Ryan in the semis, assuming Ryan can beat the West consolation game winner (Briarcrest or ECS).

http://www.tssaa.org/2004Champions/StateBS.../DIIBracket.htm

Plus, it's MUS - CBHS. No other incentive required.

CBHS wins 3-1. Tough one for MUS as they already were missing a key midfielder and lost some defenders to injuries during the game. Not to mention a controversial red card(not exactly sure what for). CBHS did a great job of capitalizing.

Was a great game though until all the drama happened as MUS came out early with a 1-0 lead and CBHS battled back to tie 1-1 but the man down and injuries were too much for MUS as CBHS pretty much cruised to a 3-1 victory. Should be 2 fun teams to watch in the state tournament provided MUS gets healthy though.

CBHS wins 3-1.  Tough one for MUS as they already were missing a key midfielder and lost some defenders to injuries during the game.  Not to mention a controversial red card(not exactly sure what for).  CBHS did a great job of capitalizing. 

Was a great game though until all the drama happened as MUS came out early with a 1-0 lead and CBHS battled back to tie 1-1 but the man down and injuries were too much for MUS as CBHS pretty much cruised to a 3-1 victory.  Should be 2 fun teams to watch in the state tournament provided MUS gets healthy though.

825676328[/snapback]

Very good assessment. We feel that the referee took the game from us and didnt let the players determine the outcome. I dont like losing to CBHS but at least if they are going to beat us i want it to be a fair game which last night was not imo.

Fouls on MUS probably 35

Fouls on CBHS probably 5

what happened with the red card

825676620[/snapback]

It was BS. One of the CBHS players went down but the ball popped out to us. One of our players played a through ball to Cody Curtis who was on a breakaway when the ref blows his whistle due to CBHS's complaining about their injured player. One of our players goes up to the ref and says "You can't do that we were on a breakaway.. etc. with no profanity" and the ref gives him a yellow. I pull the guy away after he has said "What" after the yellow and as i am helping him to the bench the ref comes after us and says "You know what he started it..." and pulls out a red card. Then instead of it being a soft red he said it was a hard red. Basically he screwed us over and let CBHS have the game. I am not one for excuses but the ref did screw us yesterday. CBHS is too good a team to be down a man and expect to win.

P.S. earlier in the game one of our players went down with the ball bouncing around around the middle of the field and the ref did not blow his whistle to help our player when the player was right in front of him ane the ref waited for the ball to be kicked out.

I know theres no reason for me to post in a Division 2 thread but thats sounds like total BS. It seems like the refs lately have been getting a big head, and you cant even talking to them without them giving you a card. The bad part is there is no way you can reverse it. Good luck and that stinks that the refs ruined your game.

I know theres no reason for me to post in a Division 2 thread but thats sounds like total BS. It seems like the refs lately have been getting a big head, and you cant even talking to them without them giving you a card. The bad part is there is no way you can reverse it. Good luck and that stinks that the refs ruined your game.

825676903[/snapback]

Yeah thanks. Also against ECS in our Semifinal match the ref called a questionable PK against us. For some reason the refs around here dont like MUS. We might try and appeal the card but we arent sure if u can do that. anyone know?