MUS v CBHS

StewieGriffin

It was BS. One of the CBHS players went down but the ball popped out to us. One of our players played a through ball to Cody Curtis who was on a breakaway when the ref blows his whistle due to CBHS's complaining about their injured player. One of our players goes up to the ref and says "You can't do that we were on a breakaway.. etc. with no profanity" and the ref gives him a yellow. I pull the guy away after he has said "What" after the yellow and as i am helping him to the bench the ref comes after us and says "You know what he started it..." and pulls out a red card. Then instead of it being a soft red he said it was a hard red. Basically he screwed us over and let CBHS have the game. I am not one for excuses but the ref did screw us yesterday. CBHS is too good a team to be down a man and expect to win.

P.S. earlier in the game one of our players went down with the ball bouncing around around the middle of the field and the ref did not blow his whistle to help our player when the player was right in front of him ane the ref waited for the ball to be kicked out.

825676901[/snapback]

Wahhh, Wahhh, Wahhh!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In partial response to the previous poster's desire for details . . .

By the end of the game, MUS was playing with 10 players (thanks to the red card) and had lost a total of 5 starters (3 "knock out" injuries during the game plus the red-carded player plus one player who was injured going in to the game). In addition, MUS GK was also injured enough that an MUS FB took the goal kicks after a first-half collision between him and another MUS player.

Also, beyond what has already been reported, CBHS' second goal was questionable in my opinion, as there may have been GK interference.

It's a good thing that MUS has 8 days between games to heal. It looks promising that all but one (or two, if the red card appeal fails) players will be back to play McCallie next Wednesday.

All this having been said, this is not "sour grapes" or whining, just an update. CBHS is an excellent team that played a strong game and took advantage of MUS's bad luck. I'm sure that they would've preferred to play MUS straight up 11 vs. 11 against MUS's full complement of players. The two teams tied 1-1 earlier in the season when that was the case.

Good luck to all at state!