Riverside, West Carroll boys Job?

spanarkle

Decatur County Riverside High School hired Mike Greer. He coahed at Obion Central last year. A 1979 graduate of Camden High School and having received a degree from Union University in '84, the 44-year-old Greer made three stops on the prep coaching circuit (Milan, Camden and Huntingdon), before moving to the collegiate level and taking the reigns at Jackson State where he stayed for four seasons.

Greer had been named coach of the year in three of his five jobs before coming to Obion Central.

825675394[/snapback]

Mike will do a good job with that bunch. We play them this year so the track meet will be on.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe that Coach Greer will be bringing two children. A girl, Addy,  who will be a junior next season. He also has a boy, Thomas, who will be an 8th grader. Both are very good players. These two will help Riverside.

825676491[/snapback]

Just heard that Mike is not going to Riverside, that he took the West Carroll job after Angelos turned it down. Any others heard that news??

Greer did back out on Riverside. I don't know if he has taken any other position. I did not know Greer at all. I am starting to think that some of the things that was said about him in Obion County may be true. He accepted a position and then backed out a week later. He is not good for his word. Riverside will be better with out him. I hope he does not do West Carrol the same way.

825684731[/snapback]

According to today's Union City Messenger

Mike wanted to go to West Carroll from the beginning but they apparently drug their heels some so he accepted the Riverside job. West Carroll then called. He hated backing out on Riverside but at West Carroll he will be able to coach his son in 8th grade this year and it's close enough to commute since they haven't sold their house. His daughter wishes to continue playing tennis at Obion Central.

The Riverside job was filled by a JV coach from Lewis County.

Edited by NWhoopaholic

• 1 month later...