Grippy Ball

AndrewJ

The NCAA plays with the new brine grippy ball.  Is high school going to move to the grippy ball any time soon?

Do club teams in the SELC or anywhere else play with normal or grippy balls?

825675086[/snapback]

I don't think the NCAA uses it. They might have tried it during the exhibition but I don't think they used it duing the season. Even if they did, high school will probably stick to the old ball for cost reasons.

thanks redtwin for some reason i thought the NCAA played with the brine grippy balls my bad

825675102[/snapback]

The NCAA does use a brine ball that is called the championship ball in the tournament. I don't know if that will ever happen in high school. Considering they are $4 a pop i would guess no. I would love it if they did not because it makes a difference, but because when i steal them off the endline they go for more on ebay :) .

The NCAA does use a brine ball that is called the championship ball in the tournament. I don't know if that will ever happen in high school. Considering they are $4 a pop i would guess no. I would love it if they did not because it makes a difference, but because when i steal them off the endline they go for more on ebay :blink: .

825678839[/snapback]

I work at stickhead, and yes initally the NCAA approved these grippy balls for play but has since decided no longer to use them. At least thats what i was told at work, and as long as the TSLA uses the NCAA rules no grippy balls SHOULD be used in a game. The grippy balls do however keep the ball from getting that slick feeling you feel on older lacrosse balls. Don't forget, if your interested, to get your game balls for $3.50 at Stickheadlacrosse.com