Thanks Pageman!

mreverything

I just wanted to say thanks for all the work you done this year reporting on games in 9AA. Even after Page was out of the tournament you still went all the way to Loretto for the championship game and the back for the region games. I loved reading your reports on each game you went to no matter who won you still posted them. You don't trash talk any team or any player like alot of people do on this site. Great Job!!! See ya next year.

Thanks, mreverything. I have enjoyed doing the reports this year - except for the ones where Page lost. I have tried to be objective and report the positive aspects of the games. If you noticed, I never name the players would made errors in games - I will refer to them as either an infielder or outfielder. I think they feel bad enough about their error so I don't emphasize their miscues. Some times it's hard to put a positive spin on things like pitching when the pitcher has an off night so I may not say anything even though I know the facts.

I have decided to go to one more game this season - Milan at Harpeth. Since Milan is the defending Class AA Champion, I would like to see how they play against Harpeth. I would have liked to go to Jackson South Side and see Loretto play, but it is a little too far for me to drive.

I'll check with CoachT to see if he wants to post the Harpeth/Milan game with an updated topic as I did in the past few games. I'm pretty sure that Harpeth has radio coverage and I would imagine that Milan also has a radio crew so it may not be necessary. I'll see how things are at the site and take it from there.

I'll see the rest of you next season.

Thanks, mreverything.  I have enjoyed doing the reports this year - except for the ones where Page lost.  I have tried to be objective and report the positive aspects of the games.  If you noticed, I never name the players would made errors in games - I will refer to them as either an infielder or outfielder.  I think they feel bad enough about their error so I don't emphasize their miscues.  Some times it's hard to put a positive spin on things like pitching when the pitcher has an off night so I may not say anything even though I know the facts. 

I have decided to go to one more game this season - Milan at Harpeth.  Since Milan is the defending Class AA Champion, I would like to see how they play against Harpeth.  I would have liked to go to Jackson South Side and see Loretto play, but it is a little too far for me to drive.

I'll check with CoachT to see if he wants to post the Harpeth/Milan game with an updated topic as I did in the past few games.  I'm pretty sure that Harpeth has radio coverage and I would imagine that Milan also has a radio crew so it may not be necessary.  I'll see how things are at the site and take it from there.

I'll see the rest of you next season.

825678403[/snapback]

Hey, Pageman, be glad you are going to Harpeth tonight. Sit back, watch and enjoy Jon White do his thing. He throws 90+ and is tough as nails, plus he will be back next year too. thumb

Thanks, muffin. I pulled a double-header tonight by going to Harpeth for the Milan game and then going to Chapel Hill to watch DCA and Forrest. I made it to Chapel Hill in the bottom of the 4th, but couldn't provide many details since I was late.

Today's games are for certain the last of the season for me as I cannot go to Memphis do to other obligations. Good luck to all the teams that made the state.

Thanks PageMan. I saw you boogie off the Rock to head south! Didn't know you were going to catch another game. Harpeth pulled it out in a game that was well played by both sides for the most part. I felt for the Milan kids, but am so proud of our Harpeth boys. They've worked hard to get where they are. Thanks again.

When I left Harpeth, about half-way down Highway 96 going to Franklin, I looked at my watch and decided to head on down to Chapel Hill and see Mikie Minor pitch for Forrest against DCA. I knew if wouldn't make the start, but at least I could get a final score. Minor didn't have a great day as DCA hit him pretty well. When I got there it was the bottom of the 4th and DCA was up 2-0 on a HR by their catcher with 1 on. DCA's Austin Garrett really pitched well only giving up one hit late in the game and also had several K's. Since I didn't have a roster on DCA or Forrest, I just watched the game and didn't keep a book for the 1st time this season. It's not often that one gets to see 4 great pitchers in one day and Harpeth's Scott Erland, Milan's Chris White, DCA's Austin Garrett, and Forrest's Mikie Minor all have great future's ahead of them.

During the season, I keep a book on 45 games - 25 for Page and 20 others involving other teams. It was a season of ups and downs for Page and I wish we could have gone a little farther in post season play. After Page lost out, it was exciting watching Loretto play, but it got a little tiring making the 3 hr round trip down there. Harpeth played well in the post season so far so I hope they do well at the state. Good luck to all the teams that made the state and I'll be back next season with more reports on the Page games and others along the way.

Page has their cook-out today to present individual awards so I must finish my final reports for the coaches and parents. I still don't know who made the All District Regular Season for Page or the other teams. I'll see what I can find out today and post later.