Mccallie

MUSOWLS#7

I was at the game and have seen many of McCallie's games this season. I would say that MUS is a good team but they are not nearly as good as some of the other teams that McCallie has played this year. McCallie in my view did not play as well as I have seen them play during the season, dispelling the thoughts about McCallie having such a great day, no matter if MUS had an off day or not. The possession was at least 60-70% Mcallie and the quality chances on goal for MUS were minimal. McCallie should have had at least one or two more goals but still are having some problems finishing. From what I've heard Father R. is a good team and will be a challenge but McCallie plays clean doesn't tend to mouth off to the refs and so cards are not the norm for their team. Let's hope for a good clean game and no injuries for either team tonight. May the best team win. thumb

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that this the comments made were unnecessary but from what I did see at the game was not impressive, on either side really. MUS played kickball also. It's a shame to see some great players not be able to play when it counts but irregardless MUS did not play the way they have all year. Maybe that has something to do with their star player out but its still not an excuse.

On another note, Mccallie did not impress me either. They didn't construct an attack very well and seemed almost lost at times on defense. Maybe they were weary from the trip but that did not look like a time that could beat Father Ryan, CBHS, or even ECS. If the same team comes out against father ryan I could not imagine them winning; however I keep reiterating USN's state finals run last year as prove of just finding ways to win when it counts.

Overall the game was pretty lackluster and boring. Maybe it was injured players, maybe it was just a bad day for both teams. I often found myself watchin CBHS punish MBA instead of watching this pretty slow, boring game.

I agree that this the comments made were unnecessary but from what I did see at the game was not impressive, on either side really.  MUS played kickball also.  It's a shame to see some great players not be able to play when it counts but irregardless MUS did not play the way they have all year.  Maybe that has something to do with their star player out but its still not an excuse.

On another note, Mccallie did not impress me either.  They didn't construct an attack very well and seemed almost lost at times on defense.  Maybe they were weary from the trip but that did not look like a time that could beat Father Ryan, CBHS, or even ECS.  If the same team comes out against father ryan I could not imagine them winning;  however I keep reiterating USN's state finals run last year as prove of just finding ways to win when it counts.

Overall the game was pretty lackluster and boring.  Maybe it was injured players, maybe it was just a bad day for both teams.  I often found myself watchin CBHS punish MBA instead of watching this pretty slow, boring game.

825682677[/snapback]

They may have "lucked up" but they have already beaten ECS and FR this year. It will be a tough assignment beating FR twice in one season. Memphis posters keep explaining as they make excuses ("their star player out", "we had many injuries", "the dog ate my homework", etc) that they're not making excuses. The truth is McCallie played a tougher schedule as represented by opponents records (187-87 versus 153-92 for MUS), was higher ranked and is probably the better team. When MUS fans are reduced to denigrating a team the quality of McCallie, it doesn't represent MUS very well.

Edited by uncfan13

Who said I was making excuses? I was actually there to watch Houston-Bearden and wandered over to the CBHS-BGA and MUS-Mccallie games afterwards. So before we start assuming things lets get the facts straight. I thought both teams played horrible and would of been beaten by Father Ryan if they played like that again. You are trying to prove some point that in non-existent. It was crap soccer on both teams' parts and thats it. Good try though.

I was at the game and have seen many of McCallie's games this season.  I would say that MUS is a good team but they are not nearly as good as some of the other teams that McCallie has played this year.  McCallie in my view did not play as well as I have seen them play during the season, dispelling the thoughts about McCallie having such a great day, no matter if MUS had an off day or not.  The possession was at least 60-70% Mcallie and the quality chances on goal for MUS were minimal.  McCallie should have had at least one or two more goals but still are having some problems finishing.  From what I've heard Father R. is a good team and will be a challenge but McCallie plays clean doesn't tend to mouth off to the refs and so cards are not the norm for their team.  Let's hope for a good clean game and no injuries for either team tonight.  May the best team win.  thumb

825682621[/snapback]

I agree with that. We got outplayed badly and didnt have a good shot on goal till late in the game. I just think that at full strength we at least give them a close game and more times than not win but u say they didnt play well either and i will have to take your word for it. I really hope Mccallie wins because i cant stand F.R. but i dont see that happening.