McMinn/Hendersonville

McMnnSccrFan

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two questions.

For the 3rd straight year, the Cherokees have drawn the #1 team in the tournament. Why is that???

What can the Cherokees do to have a chance to win that first match???

thanks.

825680110[/snapback]

Become the #1 ranked team, then you will never have to play a higher seed, Good Luck though, You must get off lots of shots to win

The ranking has nothing to do with it. It is "pre-drawn" by the TSSAA. It is just unfortunate that for the 3rd straight year ,we will have gotten the team that is picked to win it all. The first year, we didn't care , we were just happy to be there. Last year, we gave it all we had and kept it close till the last 10 minutes.

As for this year, we will once again give it 100% and see where the chips fall.

Rankings and records are irrelevant at this point. All teams that have moved up to this level must reach deep within them to play with focus, deliberation, and confidence. The ones that are able to do so, will be the winners!

Sure, coaching, conditioning, team cohesiveness, and skill are important elements, but it's more the mental/spiritual dimensions that can take a team or player to the championship. I hate to sound silly, but the recent movie "Miracle" showed the power of the inner dimension. It can take you beyond the usual and make you noteworthy, stellar, sensational!

So all records must be forgotten. All seedings tossed aside. All presumptions must be put on hold. Therefore it is quite difficult to pronounce a winner at this point. Being at the State tournament affects some players adversly and prompts others to soar. So it's as much about the inner man as much as the "Beckham-blast" or the "Renaldo-ramble"!

That said, I think the Hendersonville Commandos have the "right stuff" to take the game against McMinn.

Edited by soccerdad

Become the #1 ranked team, then you will never have to play a higher seed, Good Luck though, You must get off lots of shots to win

825680124[/snapback]

You are so wise!!!

I look forward to watching Hendersonville play. I have heard so much about them. Good luck.

This will be a tough game for Mcminn. Hendersonville is strong all over the field especially on the attack. I think Mcminn can pull this one out they just have to play 110%. The Cleveland soccer team is pulling for ya'll represent our area well.

good luck coach earls.