CCS and FRA

rainfather

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah. more detailed update: CCS went up 1st, and put another one in after that. FRA tied it back up and then went down again at the end of the half. 2 goals were taken away from FRA by the refs. at the beginning of the half, Ryan McDonald and a CCS player went up for a header and knocked into eachother, the CCS player went down and a red was called on McDonald. Knowing Ryan, he would not do something stupid enough to get himself a red in a huge game like this. From what I've heard, it was a horrible call in what continues to be a poorly called game

game over. fra 2 ccs 3. the ref had to be escored off the field. supposedly he went against the linemen multiple times, took back 2 goals that were "offsides" and gave mcdonald that red card. truly a poorly reffed game. a ref's lack of judgement should never ever be a deciding factor in a game this big. and it obviously was this game. congratulations to ccs, but i truly believe there was some biased calling going on.

game over. fra 2 ccs 3. the ref had to be escored off the field. supposedly he went against the linemen multiple times, took back 2 goals that were "offsides" and gave mcdonald that red card. truly a poorly reffed game. a ref's lack of judgement should never ever be a deciding factor in a game this big. and it obviously was this game. congratulations to ccs, but i truly believe there was some biased calling going on.

825682896[/snapback]

I don't want to take anything away from CCS's win, but a game this important should not be decided in such a haphazard way! TSSAA should make sure the best and brightest are on the field for these state games. Apparently, it wasn't so. I know the difficulties of refing, I've refed in games of international players.

I've been in the game since the 60's and think the sport would be better served by a true four man squad (2 line, 2 field) in playoffs. The game nowdays, is faster and refs are not able to see all the angles. Two men on the field could see more and confer with each other (which I know is hard to do in the heat of competition).

In soccer we can't rely on a camera or a panel of judges, just the good vision and quick decision of a lone man and his 2 assistants (which are hampered by their location and minimalist function). I say we should leave this ancient "one-man ruler" system and see that two heads are better than one!

I don't want to take anything away from CCS's win, but a game this important should not be decided in such a haphazard way!  TSSAA should make sure the best and brightest are on the field for these state games.  Apparently, it wasn't so.  I know the difficulties of refing, I've refed in games of international players. 

I've been in the game since the 60's and think the sport would be better served by a true four man squad (2 line, 2 field) in playoffs.  The game nowdays, is faster and refs are not able to see all the angles.  Two men on the field could see more and confer with each other (which I know is hard to do in the heat of competition). 

In soccer we can't rely on a camera or a panel of judges, just the good vision and quick decision of a lone man and his 2 assistants (which are hampered by their location and minimalist function).  I say we should leave this ancient "one-man ruler" system and see that two heads are better than one!

825682923[/snapback]

Of course, because this is the completely and totally logical solution to this problem, they won't catch on for a few more years. This also brings to mind the FRA vs DCA womens state championship game in 2003. A call which said a corner kick curved out of bounds and then curved back inbounds infront of the back post. This ball was headed in, but called back because it supposedly went out, costing FRA a goal and having the final score end up 2-1. All this is to prove the point listed above. 2 field judges will not solve everything, but it will make calling a game much more fair because of two perspectives. Football has many refs, why not soccer?

the thing about this is if yall were on the winning end of the situation u wouldnt care about it at all.. :( and no i have nothing to do with CCS

825682955[/snapback]

how right you are. but FRA's mens team has also been getting screwed over for the past 3 years, first in seeding (playing CAK in the 1st round last year? come on! that shouldve been the state championship game! why on earth would the #1 and #2 teams be placed against eachother in the first round?) and now in reffing. its just getting really old and its about time they get a reward they deserve.