1AA Watuaga Conference Baseball for next year

6-4-3dplay

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuckey-Doak, South Greene, and West Greene were the ones that left when I was still playing. The only thing that you have to watch out for is Chuckey-Doak's field, and trying to park your bus at West Greene (you had to watch out in the dugouts, and the outfield too there)...

West Greene has really made improvements to their field and is probably one of the nicer fields to play on now.

Chuckey Doak lost some main players this year and should be down a touch next year.

South Greene also took a hit, but should still be fairly tough. They will be ready for Unicoi Co. next year after getting screwed this year.

West Greene should not loose anyone and should be improved next year. They have a few nice younger players.

It will be a challenge for these teams to compete next year in this conference, but may be able to hold their own.

Anyone have any thoughts on how things might shape out next year in the Watuaga Conference?

Volunteer and Sullivan Central are moving up, while Hampton is moving back down.

Chuckey Doak, South Greene and West Greene will be joining.

825682910[/snapback]

I feel for Volunteer and Central. They will get roughed up a bit next year and not like it was smooth sailing this year. Good luck to them, they'll need it.

i see Elizabethton and South Greene controlling this conference next year. Unicoi will still be tough but they loss a lot of quality players. The Cyclones and Rebels should be the top teams. And as for Volunteer and Sullivan Central, they will not fare so well, they struggled last year and the possible losing of Central's coach will definitely not help them

I agree about South Greene. They did lose a few of their key players from this years team, but should be very decent next year. Anyone know who Elizabethton, Johnson County, Happy Valley, Sullivan North or Unicoi have coming back that will be of impact right off the bat?

from the games i saw this year, happy valley lost a decent catcher, an awesome third baseman, pitcher and hitter, a decent pinch-hitter and a decent first baseman and hitter and a decent centerfielder. elizabethton lost 3 nonconsistent pitchers, an unstable catcher, a good defensive third baseman, a second baseman with talent but not a good attitude and an all right first baseman. the way i see it, this conference is up for grabs between 2 or 3 teams. there is not an outstanding frontrunner.

towards the end of the year, garland was the catcher, not butch. garland is back this year. most losses arent that big, with probably the exception of toney. i think we upgrade in certain positions. hv lost some decent to good players and a great player. u also have to factor in 2 players for hv that didnt play this year that may play next year, drew davis and will lowe. drew would have started this year in the outfield and will may have started. if both play next year, they will probably start. i think next year may hinge on those 2 playing, because if they dont, we will have no depth at all.

i know garland was the better catcher, but it messed up the outfield when he caught because he was also the best centerfielder. if drew davis returns, then he would fill that void. But nobody will replace the loss of ryan toney. will lowe could come back to play second and dykes move to third but that still wouldn't make up for the loss of pitching and hitting. they only have one quality starting pitcher now.

id venture to say that morgan is probably as quality as anyone on etowns roster for next year. morgan and caldwell are quality, other than that is a ?. may needs to step up, as do one of blevins and dykes. will would be good for depth and could make spot starts, drew would probably start cf for the bulk of the games.