Eliz. Star Article On Spring Fling Needs

acdcfan

yea, they probably do, however; the decision had to be made in about an hour on a Sat night, that limited choices... but the point is the length of the journey.. it doesnt matter if they had limos for the kids.. 10 hours in a vehicle and your gonna get out and have dead legs. I did and i was in a fairly new passenger vehicle..

825684157[/snapback]

So you would have been able to charter a bus to Murfreesboro? It wouldn't have been hot on the school bus to Murfreesboro?

Again, I don't think it would have been THAT hard to round up a couple of vans to get there.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be worse Rangers. Have a 5-24 season like humboldt and stay home. Nobody in a state tour. should have to play 2 games in 1 day. Schedule is just poor organization.

In a  sport like softball where they can play 2 games in a day their schedule had winners and losers playing 1 game a day.

Spring $$$Ka-Ching = poor management

825684192[/snapback]

TSSAA sets the schedule, not the Memphis operations staff for the Fling.

Spring KA-CHING is what is was all about. How many games was actually played in Memphis. At least it was in Tennessee. In the softball girls wasn't introduced, no P.A. announcer plus get this never was the National Anthem played. If you got a drink at concession it was a 15 minute wait. One window open 1 order at a time. Go sight seeing in town you are constantly being bummed.

Local tournaments is a credit to this Spring ka-ching. $$$$$$$$$

825684181[/snapback]

There's really not much of a difference between Memphis, Bartlett, Millington, Germantown, Eads, etc. for visitors. None of the facilities used are in bad areas at all. Southaven is the only available facility the TSSAA approves for softball, since they want it all to be at one site.

With all of it together at Southaven,, it's just not really practical to try to have PA and anthem -- that would require 6 more volunteers with good voices, 6 more CD players and mixers, and probably 6 sets of speakers to be donated or rented.

I never said anything about the air conditioning... you even quoted me.. i said the point was the length of the journey .. the air conditioning had less to do with it than a 10 hour drive.. any trip to murf is gonna be easier than a trip to memphis no matter what is rode...

I'm proud that the Rangers have gone to state 3 years in a row.. alot of teams would be glad to be 0-6 in state play... I dont consider anything i've said whining .. they are valid arguements that a 10 hour trip is rough, but I never blamed that for the performance ...

as far as it being a double header.. yea, we played a double header the team we played second didnt.. all i said was put a bit more of a break in between .. i also mentioned it prolly didnt make any difference.. I dont want to take anything away from GP team

I dont believe anything/ anywhere affected our performance we probably would have had the same outcome in Kingsport .. im not making any kind of excuses or trying to slam/blame Memphis ... but I think that a state tourney with schools from all over the state could be held a little more centrally

Edited by unakafan07

I never said anything about the air conditioning... you even quoted me.. i said the point was the length of the journey .. the air conditioning had less to do with it than a 10 hour drive.. any trip to murf is gonna be easier than a trip to memphis no matter what is rode...

I'm proud that the Rangers have gone to state 3 years in a row.. alot of teams would be glad to be 0-6 in state play... I dont consider anything i've said whining .. they are valid arguements that a 10 hour trip is rough, but I never blamed that for the performance ...

as far as it being a double header.. yea, we played a double header the team we played second didnt.. all i said was put a bit more of a break in between .. i also mentioned it prolly didnt make any difference.. I dont want to take anything away from GP team

I dont believe anything/ anywhere affected our performance we probably would have had the same outcome in Kingsport .. im not making any kind of excuses or trying to slam/blame Memphis ... but I think that a state tourney with schools from all over the state could be held a little more centrally

825684213[/snapback]

I THINK YOU HAVE GOT YOUR SCHEDULES MIXED UP...THE BRACKETS CALLED FOR 4 TEAMS AT EACH SITE ON THE FIRST DAY..TEAM A VS TEAM B @ 10AM AND THEN 50 MINUTES LATER TEAM C PLAYED TEAM D AT AROUND 1:15 OR SO...THEN AT 6:00 THE NEXT GAME WHICH WAS AN ELIMINATION GAME WAS HELD BETWEEN THE LOSERS OF THE FIRST TWO GAMES...THAT IS THE WAY IT WAS AT ALL FIELDS AS FAR AS I KNOW AND I WAS THERE FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON UNTIL THE TOURN WAS COMPLETED..IT WAS THE SAME FOR EVERY TEAM REGARDLESS WHICH CLASS OR HOW FAR THEY HAD TRAVELED TO GET THERE...NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO , SOMEONE ALWAYS THINKS THEY GOT A RAW DEAL IF THEY HAPPEN TO LOSE..

I THINK YOU HAVE GOT YOUR SCHEDULES MIXED UP...THE BRACKETS CALLED FOR 4 TEAMS AT EACH SITE ON THE FIRST DAY..TEAM A VS TEAM B @ 10AM  AND THEN 50 MINUTES LATER TEAM C PLAYED TEAM D AT AROUND 1:15 OR SO...THEN AT 6:00 THE NEXT GAME WHICH WAS AN ELIMINATION GAME WAS HELD BETWEEN THE LOSERS OF THE FIRST TWO GAMES...THAT IS THE WAY IT WAS AT ALL FIELDS AS FAR AS I KNOW

825684269[/snapback]

maybe at most fields (I'm not going to claim anything about any other site, I was at Bolton) .. we played at around 1:00, they worked the field for an hour after the game then we played again.. btw.. i dont think bartlett losers played at barlett.. they were playing after us on bolton.. not all venues worked as stated above..

Edited by unakafan07

maybe at most fields (I'm not going to claim anything about any other site, I was at Bolton) .. we played at around 1:00, they worked the field for an hour after the game then we played again.. btw.. i dont think bartlett losers played at barlett.. they were playing after us on bolton.. not all venues worked as stated above..

825684300[/snapback]

I AM SORRY BUT YOU ARE RIGHT...THERE WAS ONE SMALL DEVIATION IN THE SCHEDULE..WAS TOLD THE MAYOR OF BARTLETT WOULD NOT LET A GAME BE HELD AT 6PM SO ADJUSTMENTS HAD TO BE MADE..DONT KNOW THE REASON BUT IT WAS NESS TO DO IT THIS WAY ON THAT PARTICULAR FILED..I STAND CORRECTED..THANKS!!

I AM SORRY BUT YOU ARE RIGHT...THERE WAS ONE SMALL DEVIATION IN THE SCHEDULE..WAS TOLD THE MAYOR OF BARTLETT WOULD NOT LET A GAME BE HELD AT 6PM SO  ADJUSTMENTS HAD TO BE MADE..DONT KNOW THE REASON BUT IT WAS NESS TO DO IT THIS WAY ON THAT PARTICULAR FILED..I STAND CORRECTED..THANKS!!

825684317[/snapback]

This is the first I heard of this? What was the start times and exactly what was the reason for the deviation???