Region 6 A

#1HORNET

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be a great region this year.  Heard a few teams did well in spring scrimmages.  Pick-em.  How do you think this region will end up.  Mt Pleasant will have to be the favorite until someone knocks them off.  How will the new teams do?

825685531[/snapback]

Yes I agree that Mt.Pleasant is the team to beat.I see no one beating them this year. I hear Coach Smith is getting alot of the talent out of the hallways.They have got some great players coming back next year. As far as the other teams I heard that Perry Co. looked pretty good against Waverly in their spring scrimmage. Someone said the score was 2-1 in favor of Waverly. Perry Co. only had two starters back on both sides of the ball.They had five starteras out due to injuries and they have had there two best athletes to move. From talking to the person at the scrimmage he said Perry Co. will fly around and hit you and there back to running the split back veer which Coach Rice is famous for. They said the QB really looked good at times running the option.I hope the Vikings can muster 3 to 5 wins in there new region but it will tough. Ain't nobody beating the boys from Mt. Pleasant!

Until someone proves otherwise, Mt Pleasant is the favorite to win the region. It will be very interesting to see who claims the other three spots, however. Huntland and Moore County should both be really good teams. Wayne Co might be down a little from the last two years, but they are still very talented. I would expect Collinwood will be much better this year as well. And, I would look out for Columbia Academy as the surprise team in the region. They have a tailback that is as dangerous a weapon as anyone in the region, plus they closed strong last year with what understand was a relatively young team. I know nothing about Perry Co and cannot comment on them. I would expect that the team that claims the 4th spot may be a very good team with an unimpressive record just because of the balance in the region this year. If I had to guess today, I would say that the playoff representatives will be Mt. Pleasant, Huntland, Moore Co and Wayne Co (not necesarily in that order except for Mt Pleasant). It should be an exciting and very intersting year in Region 6-1A.

Edited by brichard

This will be a great region to watch all year. My predition:

1. Mt. Pleasant

2. Moore Co.

3. Huntland

4. Collinwood

5. Wayne Co.

6. Perry Co.

7. CA

8. Cornersville

9. Zion

Let us know who the main players to watch for each team are this season, what key players were lost from last season, and what each teams strength and weaknesses are for the upcoming season.

people seem to be over looking wayne county , if they can get any play at the qb spot they should be pretty good they should have the best o and d line in the reigon they are big , big , big and pretty quick with hammack back at one rb and some good your rb's they just need to find someone who can play qb