Falcons Ineligible?

oskie

You're kidding, right? The Fulton coaches would not let that happen. They will not let anyone even work out until they know for sure they are eligible & I KNOW this for a fact. Take what you heard as what it is .. . . . . . a RUMOR!

825688123[/snapback]

Eligibility has nothing to do with working out with the weights. TSSAA rules state that weight room workouts must be open to others enrolled in school and not just exclusive to the football team, eligible or not. If their workouts are closed to anyone not on the team they may be in violation unless there is non-pads football practice attached to it.

Eligibility has nothing to do with working out with the weights.  TSSAA rules state that weight room workouts must be open to others enrolled in school and not just  exclusive to the football team, eligible or not.  If their workouts are closed to anyone not on the team they may be in violation unless there is non-pads football practice attached to it.

825688343[/snapback]

When it's a schedule workout time for the football team as part of their practice, yes it does have to do with that. I know for a fact that a player that moved into the Fulton zone last year was not allowed to even work out with the team until the coaches saw the lease papers & went so far as to go to the kids house & look inside to make sure they were actually living there because they didn't want to take any chances. The point is - there are no ineligible players at Fulton.

When it's a schedule workout time for the football team as part of their practice, yes it does have to do with that. I know for a fact that a player that moved into the Fulton zone last year was not allowed to even work out with the team until the coaches saw the lease papers & went so far as to go to the kids house & look inside to make sure they were actually living there because they didn't want to take any chances. The point is - there are no ineligible players at Fulton.

825688468[/snapback]

Elidgibility regarding zoning and academic inelidgibility are two totally separate issuses. The player you speak of was held out of workouts because he was potentially inelidgible to enroll at Fulton. These alleged players already attend Fulton so they can use the facilities as they please.

You are so missing the point. Using the facilities & working out with a team "as a team" are different. I don't go to school there, but I can use the facilities - that don't mean a hill of beans!

825688516[/snapback]

Even if they are currently difficient they can still work out "with the team" and take summer school. I know at MBA, any student can workout while the football team is in there.

Again - I'm not just talking about working out with weights. I'm talking about working out with the team. . . . .running drills, practicing, etc. etc.

825688612[/snapback]

Again even a currently inelidgible player can do all of that while they attend summer school.