UNaKa BAseBaLL fOR 2006

LanderMan

word is unaka has a new ball coach. whats ur word on mckinny? :lol:

825688812[/snapback]

1. Learn how to spell his name....McKinney

2. He had all the talent in his playing days, but his coaching days haven't been the brightest in baseball. He has had some success in football. Last year he was Offensive Coordinator under Eddie Pless. He could be a good fit for Unaka. We will have to wait and see.

1. Learn how to spell his name....McKinney

2. He had all the talent in his playing days, but his coaching days haven't been the brightest in baseball. He has had some success in football. Last year he was Offensive Coordinator under Eddie Pless. He could be a good fit for Unaka. We will have to wait and see.

825688830[/snapback]

What happened to Acie Ensor and John Minton?

Be careful Sportie that will be next headline in the Eliz paper or Krich website.

825690003[/snapback]

Actually, Kenneth Chambers will be announced as the new Ladies' Basketball coach at EHS; this, after Coach Wilson takes the Mens' Basketball job. <_<

Truth be known, I don't care who coaches where. I was told that Coach McKinney could very well become "a" coach at Unaka; not necessarily "the" coach. That was somehow translated to mean that All the other coaches were leaving. I suggested that there was certainly room for more coaches; and in fact, there has been effort made over the years to acquire additional coaches. I stated that I felt that McKinney could, indeed, be a plus with Unaka. I still feel that way. We'll see what becomes of it.

Oh, and Sportiemom, would you happen to know the latest on Sallee Taylor. I know she's wonderful and marvelous; but do you know how her rehab is going? And, feel free to email me.

Kim

Its funny the rumors that float around during the summer.  I got a good one for you ~ Kenneth Chambers is going to be the tennis coach at Elizabethton next year.  He really wanted the swim team though.

825690001[/snapback]

He'll have to learn to float first. <_<

Actually, Kenneth Chambers will be announced as the new Ladies' Basketball coach at EHS; this, after Coach Wilson takes the Mens' Basketball job.  <_<

Truth be known, I don't care who coaches where.  I was told that Coach McKinney could very well become "a" coach at Unaka; not necessarily "the" coach.  That was somehow translated to mean that All the other coaches were leaving.  I suggested that there was certainly room for more coaches; and in fact, there has been effort made over the years to acquire additional coaches.  I stated that I felt that McKinney could, indeed, be a plus with Unaka.  I still feel that way.  We'll see what becomes of it.

Oh, and Sportiemom, would you happen to know the latest on Sallee Taylor.  I know she's wonderful and marvelous; but do you know how her rehab is going?  And, feel free to email me.

Kim

825690716[/snapback]

And I know it's none of my business, but I think "Pink" would be a good addition also whether it be in football, baseball or basketball. How he is utilized is your business but there is a lot of experience there. Good luck.

Actually, Kenneth Chambers will be announced as the new Ladies' Basketball coach at EHS; this, after Coach Wilson takes the Mens' Basketball job.  :lol:

Truth be known, I don't care who coaches where.  I was told that Coach McKinney could very well become "a" coach at Unaka; not necessarily "the" coach.  That was somehow translated to mean that All the other coaches were leaving.  I suggested that there was certainly room for more coaches; and in fact, there has been effort made over the years to acquire additional coaches.  I stated that I felt that McKinney could, indeed, be a plus with Unaka.  I still feel that way.  We'll see what becomes of it.

Oh, and Sportiemom, would you happen to know the latest on Sallee Taylor.  I know she's wonderful and marvelous; but do you know how her rehab is going?  And, feel free to email me.

Kim

825690716[/snapback]

krich,

Is this first statement true? ;) Or am I having a Buckshot moment? haha

krich,

Is this first statement true?  :lol:  Or am I having a Buckshot moment? haha

825693704[/snapback]

Easy now ....Buckshot's de Bomb!

I think that Coach Chambers will ultimately stay at Unaka ....for now; and if for no other reason than to prove to those who say he won Only because he had so much talent, that he can really coach.

The fact that he didn't feverishly pursue the Science Hill job tells me he will probably stay; but there are still a few schools interested.

Incidentally, when Sallee Taylor finally gets both her wheels spinning; and when Tiffanie Babb's foot completely heals ....again, Unaka will be Very Competitive.

Besides, how could he go wrong when he has a Great Guard ....named "MEGAN"? thumb