Email Viruses

CoachT

I never bulk email members. If you ever were to receive an email from me it will be a recognizable topic and will not contain an attachment unless we have previously discussed it and you are expecting it.

Emails like the one below are everywhere on the internet and look quite believable. I received five of these overnight, myself:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear user coacht,

You have successfully updated the password of your Coacht account.

If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with your account, please contact Coacht customer service at: administrator@coacht.com

Thank you for using Coacht! The Coacht Support Team

+++ Attachment: No Virus (Clean)

+++ Coacht Antivirus - www.coacht.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no such thing as The Coacht Support Team. Again, these look quite authentic which is why I am warning you now. It even has the bogus attachment antivirus report at the bottom. Do NOT open attachments!!

This happens across the internet, not just with Coacht. Here is another one I received just now, as I was typing this:

Dear Amazon user,

Recently, our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. To protect the security of your account and in accordance with User Agreement access to your account will be limited. This is a fraud prevention measure meant to ensure your account security and that your account is not compromised.

In order to secure your account we may require some specific information from you. We encourage you to log in by clicking on the link below and complete the requested form as soon as possible.

http://www.amazon.com/****/******/****-****-**/

Ignoring our request, for an extended period of time, may result in account limitations or may result in eventual account closure.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand that this is a security measure meant to help protect you and your account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Amazon.com, Inc Security Department

<hr>

I obviously altered the link in the above message (the ****s) to keep you from going to the link. This email is trying to obtain personal information from you and happens for banks and other online payment areas.