Tennessee/Georgia allstar game

orangeman

Not just Hamilton Co.

My daughter played on it last year, as did our catcher.  Both from Cumberland Co.  This is the only all-star team they were eligible to play on and they both kicked butt in both games.  A Sequatchie HS girl played on it last year as well, as did other counties.  Best looking team I had seen play anywhere, including travel ball.  The outfielders ran like gazelles, having played center field for their schools.  The infielders had hoovers for gloves and cannons for arms.  Both games were great to watch if you are a fastpitch fan.

Oh, and to answer the question, it is usually played at Frost Stadium.  It has been played there for the past few years anyway.

Let there be a Northwest Tennessee area all-star team, let them play SW Virgina and let the game be called the TN vs VA all-star game, or another other part of the state.  Does it really matter?  There are enough talented ball players to have several.

825693507[/snapback]

I don't think a Sequatchie girl played on it last year, with just one senior on the team that hit .250. 3 years ago one played and another was going to but tore her ACL in the first weekend of summer ball. Here is the list:

Hixson

Haley Pakenas

East Ridge

Ashley Adkins

Christina Haskew

Baylor

Mary Catherine Vercoe

Laura Davies

Laura Newberry

Anne Lawrence

GPS

Lillian Hammond

Ooltewah

Dana Kirtley

Red Bank

Martha Davis

Maggie Renfro

Soddy Daisy

Amy Miller

Grace

Tiffany Walker

Walker Valley

Ashley Bain

April Richards

Central

Kala Cooper

i think they could have gone outside Chattanooga for more than just the Walker Valley players but it's a good line-up.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think a Sequatchie girl played on it last year, with just one senior on the team that hit .250. 3 years ago one played and another was going to but tore her ACL in the first weekend of summer ball. Here is the list:

Hixson

Haley Pakenas

East Ridge

Ashley Adkins

Christina Haskew

Baylor

Mary Catherine Vercoe

Laura Davies

Laura Newberry

Anne Lawrence

GPS

Lillian Hammond

Ooltewah

Dana Kirtley

Red Bank

Martha Davis

Maggie Renfro

Soddy Daisy

Amy Miller

Grace

Tiffany Walker

Walker Valley

Ashley Bain

April Richards

Central

Kala Cooper

i think they could have gone outside Chattanooga for more than just the Walker Valley players but it's a good line-up.

825693571[/snapback]

Personally, I figured Emily Barker would be on there since she was the only Senior from the Valley,besides a couple of girls from Marion, but I never heard as much about them as I did about Emily and I agree next year I think that they should extend to the Valley(Bledsoe,Sequatchie,Marion,Whitwell,Grundy Co.'s for those that don't know what I'm talking about when I say Valley......)Alot of good players Graduating next year from the Valley that I think should be on it.......

Barker from Sequatchie and Matthews from Marion are good enough to be in the game, but it's understandable they'd look at Chattanooga first. Their positions might not be what the needed to fill out the team, too. I won't say any name on the list that I thought shouldn't have made it, hope no one else does either. The sports show putting together the game isn't even broadcast here, probably not in Jasper. Those two will get a chance to show they can play next year at Chatt St. I would say Reynolds from Whitwell and Ellis from Bledsoe would be good enough next year, but might run into the same situation.

Barker from Sequatchie and Matthews from Marion are good enough to be in the game, but it's understandable they'd look at Chattanooga first. Their positions might not be what the needed to fill out the team, too. I won't say any name on the list that I thought shouldn't have made it, hope no one else does either. The sports show putting together the game isn't even broadcast here, probably not in Jasper. Those two will get a chance to show they can play next year at Chatt St. I would say Reynolds from Whitwell and Ellis from Bledsoe would be good enough next year, but might run into the same situation.

825693679[/snapback]

Ellis from Bledsoe might have a better chance since she's been in the Chattanooga Times more than the Lookouts......

Ellis from Bledsoe might have a better chance since she's been in the Chattanooga Times more than the Lookouts......

825693693[/snapback]

It looks like a really good line up to me. No matter what anyone tries to do someone is going to feel left out you cannot make everyone happy. It is a good problem to have though. Lots of good softball players from all across Tennessee.

It looks like a really good line up to me. No matter what anyone tries to do someone is going to feel left out you cannot make everyone happy. It is a good problem to have though. Lots of good softball players from all across Tennessee.

825693783[/snapback]

I wasn't saying that anybody on the roster shouldn't have been on there.......I was saying that next year they should come over the mountain and get some of the good players from over here.......

What time does the game start?  Are they playing one game or two?

825693794[/snapback]

The game usually starts at 6 and they do play 2. This game is a fundraiser for the 18u Frost Falcons team. I just thought some of you may not know but this is how it all got started with Stump and the coach of that team.