Obnoxiously Early State Duals Predictions...

CoachGonyeaSHS

What a long way off, but with the new region alignments, what are everyone's predictions for early favorites to attend the State Duals this year in Clarksville?

I think this will definatley be an interesting year with TSSAA shaking up the mix this year.

Also, there will be more teams attending this year won't there.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey coach I believe that Hendersonville will win the new region 8!

At the individual state last year they had 6 go to the state with two more should have been there. They only lose one guy Nics older brother Ric.

Also Soddy will be strong again out of there region. They have a lot of returning wrestlers that placed in state last year.

From out west it looks as if Houston will be strong again.

Clarksville will be tough as always.

Franklin will be dominate again. Just to name a few off the top of my head.

Hey coach I believe that Hendersonville will win the new region 8!

At the individual state last year they had 6 go to the state with two more should have been there. They only lose one guy Nics older brother Ric.

Also Soddy will be strong again out of there region. They have a lot of returning wrestlers that placed in state last year.

From out west it looks as if Houston will be strong again.

Clarksville will be tough as always.

Franklin will be dominate again. Just to name a few off the top of my head.

825691754[/snapback]

interesting predictions. Mid-state looking tough. Can't wait for the season to begin.

What a long way off, but with the new region alignments, what are everyone's predictions for early favorites to attend the State Duals this year in Clarksville?

I think this will definatley be an interesting year with TSSAA shaking up the mix this year.

Also, there will be more teams attending this year won't there.

825691743[/snapback]

There will be a few more teams coming in 2006...

Watch out for some decent teams from the left side like Ridgeway, Cordova, Collierville, Germantown, Houston, CBHS and others, a team or two out of Knoxville and/or Sevier Co's huge region. and The Ooltewah Owls should make some noise out of Hamilton Co.. Franklin should remain middle Tn's strongest team with a few to compete like Ravenwood. Smyrna should win a match or two in the new Region 8, but H-ville will be a tough one for the Dawgs to get by.

Tullahoma, Oakland and Blackman has some growing programs that could show up.

I heard Bradley Co. may have a new team in the Cleveland area with a little Bear spinoff going on and a feeder connection already in place :lol: . Right now, it appears Shelby, Williamson, Montgomery and Bradley Counties (even with Cleveland down) may have the strongest clusters of teams with Hamilton trailing some with only a team or two like Soddy and the Owls (now that's a strange shift). Baylor, as far as overall, seems to be the strongest coming back with McCallie and Bradley a close second (both about 10-15 point spread in a dual match and even worse in a tournament).

Rutherford Co. continues to grow in this sport and should contend in a couple of regions as noted above.

soms

Smyrna is looking to maybe take the win this year.  We won't hand it over that easy.  <_<  Be looking for the best team we have ever put together.

Coach Gonyea

825692148[/snapback]

hey coach, I believe you are making a bold prediction!! With Springfeild, Mt Juliet, Wilson Central, White House, and the powerful Hendersonville team having everbody back. I think you will have a hard time getting the win you think is yours. Hendersonville will have the best team they have had in years. Whit house did not lose anybody and there guy won your tournament last year didnt he?? There are only two state medalist from last year coming back to this region. Nic Bundy from Hendersonville, and Jim Kleinert from Beech. Beech in my opinion will be a team to contend with. This region is tougher than you think.

825692232[/snapback]

Yeah, I know, Kinda bold, but that's the way we are going to be this season. Remember, we are only losing 1 starter from this last season. With the line-up we have coming back I am pretty optimistic about this coming season. But hey, what would you expect, I'm not going to root for another team... B) . This is definately going to be a fun season. I am looking forward to getting to see some other teams this year that we normally haven't been able to in years past.

I know Hendersonville will be tough. But I also know we will be...wait till you see what we have....

"That was last year...this is this year."

Edited by CoachGonyeaSHS

Whit house did not lose anybody and there guy won your tournament last year didnt he?? There are only two state medalist from last year coming back to this region. Nic Bundy from Hendersonville, and Jim Kleinert from Beech. Beech in my opinion will be a team to contend with. This region is tougher than you think.

825692229[/snapback]

I don't think that he won the tournament. He looked very impressive in tying for 3rd place. I expect that he will have a great year this coming year!

Beech has always had its share of tough kids! They should NEVER be taken lightly!

We are all looking forward to next year. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one itching to get started!

I don't think that he won the tournament.  He looked very impressive in tying for 3rd place.  I expect that he will have a great year this coming year!

Beech has always had its share of tough kids!  They should NEVER be taken lightly!

We are all looking forward to next year.  I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one itching to get started!

825692430[/snapback]

Hey Hamm I am really looking forward to next year. Can't wait to see the awesome lineups of some of these incoming teams. smyrna I am told will be very tough. I believe that I left out a returning medalist with Opio from Lavergne. He will tough. I beleive he will be 189 again??I do not know what Springfeild lost but they had an awesome team last year and went to the team state.

Hey Hamm I am really looking forward to next year. Can't wait to see the awesome lineups of some of these incoming teams. smyrna I am told will be very tough. I believe that I left out a returning medalist with Opio from Lavergne. He will tough. I beleive he will be 189 again??I do not know what Springfeild lost but they had an awesome team last year and went to the team state.

825692503[/snapback]

How many guys did smyrna send to traditonal state last year?

How many guys did smyrna send to traditonal state last year?

825692532[/snapback]

ZERO!!!

Rough year last year, but things are really looking up. Our line-up(sans injuries) will be tougher than we have ever put together.

Previous season is not always an indicator of what's to come.

This is pretty wild that I am getting this stoked about the season and it's not even August.

Hey Hamm, call me sometime.

Coach Gonyea

Edited by CoachGonyeaSHS