Shark Attack: Craig Hutto

CoachT

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Craig:

Great to hear from you! You don't know me, but like countless people on this website and in various other places, we'll all continue to pray for you and ask that God bless you beyond comparison every day of your life.

I sincerely hope you'll continue to talk with us here on coacht whenever you can and keep us updated on your condition as well.

A teacher and coach from the Oak Ridge/Knoxville area,

---rSquared

Craig...It`s great to hear from you. I still remember the morning I was going to work and heard your news over the local radio station. I hope your recovery is going well. I saw the special on The Discovery Channel and can`t imagine going through what you have. Stay strong Craig. Please stay in touch and let us know how things are going. And like rSquared said..you don`t know me either, but that won`t stop my prayers for you and your family.

Hey everyone, this is Craig Hutto.  I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all of your support.  Words can't express my gratitude.  Thank you again.

-Craig Hutto

825715951[/snapback]

Craig, I have thought of you many times over the past few weeks. You have been a inspiration to alot of us. Please keep us infromed on your progress .

I've thought of you many times as well and you're still in my prayers, Craig! Great to hear from you. You've been an inspiration to many people and I hope you stay strong! You've got a lot of people praying for your recovery and for your family as well.

Tennessee teen who lost leg in shark attack visits Titans' camp

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Craig Hutto, the Tennessee teenager who lost his right leg after a shark attack in Florida in June, visited the Tennessee Titans' training camp Sunday and wound up posing for photos with Steve McNair and linebacker Keith Bulluck.

Hutto was the second of three people attacked by sharks in Florida within a week along the Gulf Coast. He had been fishing with his brother in waist-deep water off Cape San Blas on June 27, and his right leg had to be amputated.

The 17-year-old from Lebanon, Tenn., watched the Titans practice for about an hour despite temperatures that felt like 100 degrees. Then a handful of Titans stopped to visit with Hutto in his wheelchair with his parents watching.

Roger Hutto called the visit a wonderful day for his son and something more than what they could ever have expected. His son returned to high school a couple weeks ago and has been undergoing therapy on his hands, which were injured in fighting off the shark.

"The school's worked well with us ... .He's progressing little by little," Roger Hutto said.

Craig Hutto is looking much better. He even got up from his wheelchair and hopped over to a doorway going into the Titans' building. He wants to begin walking and playing basketball and baseball, but his father said a prosthetic leg will be slow because of the nature of his injury.

"His goal is to get back trying to be as normal as he can be," his father said.