MoTown West

MaroonDevil

Just wondering what you guys think about the team this year and will Swain County have a chance this time around? Swain was hit pretty hard with graduation in 04 (including Cody White and Nick Zimmerman) but will return a pretty darn good QB and several seniors on both lines.

I didn't make it to the game in "03 but I was there last year and am looking forward to making the trip your place this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering what you guys think about the team this year and will Swain County have a chance this time around?  Swain was hit pretty hard with graduation in 04 (including Cody White and Nick Zimmerman) but will return a pretty darn good QB and several seniors on both lines.

I didn't make it to the game in "03 but I was there last year and am looking forward to making the trip your place this year.

825695371[/snapback]

SWAIN IS ALWAYS RICH WITH TRADITION. WHO DO THEY HAVE COMING BACK?

I BELIEVE WEST LOST SEVERAL SENIORS. MIGHT HAVE TO CATCH THIS GAME.

• 2 weeks later...

the devils from swain have nothing to worry about this year from mo-west! they lost all of there state run players to graduation! they do have a off-lineman in dylan stevens, the kid is being recruited by a lot of div-1 schools! and you wont have to worry about #25 bradley james busting a long kick-off return back on you like last year, he has moved on to UT, but not playing ball i herd. mo-west will be nothing to worry about for a few years or until they get rid of woods and let coach brown have it! good luck to the devils, a great bunch of folks on the other side of the state line!! thumb :)

the devils from swain have nothing to worry about this year from mo-west! they lost all of there state run players to graduation! they do have a off-lineman in dylan stevens, the kid is being recruited by a lot of div-1 schools! and you wont have to worry about #25 bradley james busting a long kick-off return back on you like last year, he has moved on to UT, but not playing ball i herd. mo-west will be nothing to worry about for a few years or until they get rid of woods and let coach brown have it! good luck to the devils, a great bunch of folks on the other side of the state line!! thumb  :lol:

825705564[/snapback]

Morristown West will field another team with 65 plus players this year. Stevens on the oline and Sims at lb should be very productive. They did lose a number of players that went to Murfreesboro in 2003 with extensive playing time to graduation. Five of them will be playing at the college level this fall. The Qb had limited field time last year but looked fairly impressive. Unfortunately Bradley James didn't have the season some folks expected last year due to injuries early on and lingered thru the season.

usa44, please don't start a thread similar to our neighbers in jc. Coach Woods and his staff do a great job!

Hope everyone from Swain County has a safe trip over this year. Maybe it won't be raining cats and dogs like our trip home last year!

Looking forward to it!

Morristown West will field another team with 65 plus players this year. Stevens on the oline and Sims at lb should be very productive. They did lose a number of players that went to Murfreesboro in 2003 with extensive playing time to graduation. Five of them will be playing at the college level this fall. The Qb had limited field time last year but looked fairly impressive. Unfortunately Bradley James didn't have the season some folks expected last year due to injuries early on and lingered thru the season.

usa44, please don't start a thread similar to our neighbers in jc. Coach Woods and his staff do a great job!

Hope everyone from Swain County has a safe trip over this year. Maybe it won't be raining cats and dogs like our trip home last year!

Looking forward to it!

825705765[/snapback]

hey b-mart, i call them like i see them! and so do the majority of the west fans!!!!! i was so tired of the west fans being upset and booing woods because of the choices he made, that i became a supporter of the canes and the pats across the line! i went to east myself, but bragg started acting just like woods, so i started supporting west, and now woods is pulling the same crap!!! all in all i just like to watch a good HS football game without the fans booing the coach 85% of the time!

hey b-mart, i call them like i see them! and so do the majority of the west fans!!!!! i was so tired of the west fans being upset and booing woods because of the choices he made, that i became a supporter of the canes and the pats across the line! i went to east myself, but bragg started acting just like woods, so i started supporting west, and now woods is pulling the same crap!!! all in all i just like to watch a good HS football game without the fans booing the coach 85% of the time!

825705950[/snapback]

Hey USA if you want to see the best fan support then you need to come over to Greeneville. Greeneville fans are the best. This year you could see Greeneville win the IMAC in Football,Basketball and Baseball. This is my preseason prediction. Football is the only close one but basketball and baseball are for sure.

825705950[/snapback]

well usa, you must have been in a different section than me to here 85% of the fans booing woods. BTW I haven't missed a west game in 4 years.

Hey USA if you want to see the best fan support then you need to come over to Greeneville. Greeneville fans are the best. This year you could see Greeneville win the IMAC in Football,Basketball and Baseball. This is my preseason prediction. Football is the only close one but basketball and baseball are for sure.

825705984[/snapback]

u have got to be kidding me maybe in basketball but is this basketball season. no. in baseball the have no chance in the world to win the imack u are crazy. football i heard they lost alot.they got a pretty good coach from east coach jamie christian. but still u are out of your mind if u think that greenville will win conference in football and baseball. you will be starting a freshman and not putting greenway down hes a really good athlete i went to camp at furman with him and a nice guy,but ur not going to be able to run the ball everydown. so i think u should think that over

well usa, you must have been in a different section than me to here 85% of the fans booing woods. BTW I haven't missed a west game in 4 years.

825706273[/snapback]

i suspect you have strong ties to the coaching staff! and you might even be a coach on the freshman team? anyway, you know excatly what i am talking about and dont try to sugar coat nothing!!! woods does NOT belong in a class with quarels or many other coaches in east tn that knows what discipline is! a good coach can be measured by the type and talent of the young men he chooses to let start and the way they are disciplined! peroid! not who there parents are, how much they have donated to the QB club, haveing no parents, their color, or where they live, etc,etc. you back me to the wall with this 'i support woods crap' and im gonna tell ya the truth and nothing but the truth! so if ya dont want to hear it then ya dont have to comment on it, but this is a sight where any one has the right to give there oppinions about football, some good, some bad! hey, maybe later i will give my opinion as to why i think mo-east or greeneville will win the conf! ps-do ya have the eagle, globe and anchor on your arm yet ! B)

Booing Don Woods?  You've got to be kidding.  Don Woods is a superb coach and a great person.  His record speaks for itself.

825706628[/snapback]

you know nothing about football, a record does NOT speak for itself!! its the caliber of the young men and the heart and desire to win that keeps a winning tradition! a good coach is only a spoke in the wheel! all of the remaining seniors from the championship run, lost the desire to win after your great woods let some of his favs get away with stealing from their team-mates and doing absoutly nothing about it but rewardeing the thiefs by buying them the same stuff they stole and letting them drive his SUV around!!! all of the seniors will tell you that! go ahead and ask one of them, they are gone away from mo-west now and they wont care to tell you the deal! but if ya dont want to know the truth, then dont ask! B)