Rivalries

dougw

• 2 weeks later...

-Franklin and Brentwood. I'm sure someone else can explain the reasons better than I can, but I do recall their respective crowds taunting one another at the state semis last year.

-DCA and Lipscomb. DCA's bunch clapped and cheered "We want Lipscomb!" during Lipscomb's state semi. Lipscomb they got. Lipscomb they lost to. DCA and Lipscomb come out of the same district. DCA takes 2 of 3 (I think) regular season matches. DCA takes district. Lipscomb pulls one out of the hat and takes region. And then they have an opportunity to play for a gold ball with one another? Of COURSE DCA wants Lipscomb! I don't think (I could be wrong) they dislike each other. Great rivalry and competition!

-Anderson County and Clinton. Inner-county rivalry. 'Nuff said.

-Germantown and Collierville. They had a match that was near the stuff of legend last year in either district or region. One game, I believe, went 36-34. Wow!

I know there's more out there!

Wilson Central / Mt. Juliet

Wilson Central / Lebanon

This is true for every sport. When WC opened 5 years ago, it was to relieve crowding in MJ and Lebanon so all these kids live close to each other and often go to middle school together.

The WC/MJ volleyball rivalry should be an interesting one this year. Coach Tammy Ricketts-Serbin was the MJ coach for a number of years prior to moving to WC. Coach Ashley Putnam-Serbin took over when T. Serbin left MJ. Now A.Serbin has also moved to WC to be the assistant under her sister-in-law.

Things that make you go hmmmm <_<

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Player of the Year is selected from the state championship team. Mr. Baseball is selected from all teams. 
    • Coach you have a nice prize to wear!         https://fb.watch/sawAhYWhgj/   https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=79!  24011444328424&set=p.7924011444328424&type=3&av=100001589421439&eav=AfadioohtnZNQy-vVnXq06az2GqJPZy3Y9joqOBQqRFGvkVtD2OI7pZhcBy6ixvhG0w&__cft__[0]=AZVNVV5aVzYZ_AMN0gXeHg_JX-gQ7BCacySYGzQG6E7y92gjlBNFlwTT7g_zHH4dbQb9gsKNs5PWEMVTtmCD5FSopv-E7B4CB6qqQFHNCpNZI7JhMJFoJobnRhip-goK8lAHPw2sCJowK0o7uUpF1CEllHEmS5PaKfIrJf4vCXiBCdfUS0OMqZf7zpWsQjCfOGM0QjysLp8ynDd7-dpedtiC6KPF37hKkRM9iG4DrSpvxQ&__tn__=R]-R
    • The people need our help!
    • Lol when was last time they won region or got past the 3 rd round. 
    • Gravedigger gotta finish filling the hole before hitting 40 East. May need a new Yellow Shirt play signaler on the Stones. And apparently a new strength coach now. Cicadas must've got shaken out of the bushes in Donelson. Hopefully the mower man sticks around to keep DG field looking pristine. Maybe new OC can call in a favor to his PGA friends that knows a thing or two about being green during the season. The heat is on soon. Bring in the 2 way freak Iceman and cool things off. He knows a thing or 2 about wildcats. Gotta take our talents South soon for Nationals. Don't step on my blue suede shoes.