national minded 1,2,3 or 4 for next season 13u

Well based on the trotter coach post below it sounds like between Middle Tennessee and East Tennessee  a lot of high School coaches have their work cut out.  I've had the pleasure of seeing all the Tennessee teams play and can honestly say that Tennessee is well represented.  You don't always have to bring home the national title to become well known and to get your team noticed.  Now

I'm not saying the title is not important but the lessons that a team learns and grows from are worth more and will be remembered longer than the title itself.  So to all the Tennessee teams take all you've learned and seen and next year make Tennessee the most feared state in the nationals.    As i've said many times " Winners may Lose but Losers never Win "!!!!!!!  Go Volunteer State :ph34r:

825701217[/snapback]

i didnt mean for this post to become a he said, she said( sorry)

we are just lookin to build on an awesome group of eight girls with heart who are excited and proud of this season and the accomplishments thumb

and to add a couple of girls as good or even better than what we already have.

i feel it would benefit our girls and what they've accomplished and those that we add. simply put eight girls........two got injured( our post players).......leaving six healthy, in a national tournament, against that level of competition is "tough" to say it lightly. :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, the first part of my post, I heard with my own ears.  I was sitting on the bleachers at Hooptown during one of Team Pride's games and heard some of the parents discussing leaving Team Pride next year and "not making the same mistake twice."  Also, if you attend any Pride game, and I've been to 4 this year, it is no secret that many of the parents are not happy with their situation there.  Some of them are very, shall I say, vocal about their dislike for certain things that take place.  Others remain very quiet, so maybe some do like the situation they are in.  As for the 3 girls I said were considering the move, like I said, I heard that from someone else (I'm not going to say who it was).  It may or may not be true.  However, I have also been told by that same someone who was told by someone else that those 3 girls were at the last game the Lady Tigers played in Amarillo.  Not that it means anything, but that they were 3 out of the 4 Team Pride players (none of the other ones were there) in attendance and their parents were there.  Is that true?  And if so, is that a coincidence or what? 

825701144[/snapback]

Ok ptguard12,

This AAU season has been quite challenging. The coach that was planned to coach this group of girls had an emergency right before the season began and decided it would be better if he did not coach. That was understandable and for awhile we didn't know who the coach would be. It was finally decided that his assistant from last year would take over because (1) he knew some of the girls and their talents well and (2) I don't believe the Pride organization was able to get another coach on such short notice. Yes, there was grumblings from parents because we felt a better job could have been done, but I honestly believe Coach did the best job he was capable of doing. One other thing that presented a challenge was we had a roster of 15 girls and Coach had to decide do I give all the girls playing time and " make the girls and their parents happy" or do I win and worry about that later. Sometimes the earlier won out which probably cost Team Pride some games they should have won. I believe this is when alot of the "grumbling" and "unhappiness" really start taking place. And, unfortunately it probably took place in stands, when people such as yourself had to witness and hear the complaints. I guess it was "no secret" that parents were unhappy but I believe you will find that anywhere you go. It's just our situation made it more obvious than within any other organization.

To say the least, I am proud of our girls because the did fight through the adversities and had the chance to travel to Amarillo and see what it takes to make our team better. I am also proud of the parents and the support they gave, because of regardless of what was going on, we all hung in there until 12 noon last Wednesday when we lost to the Lady Trotters and headed back 40E. And even though there were complaints, I appreciate Coach, because he stepped in and took over a team when he really didn't have to.

I honestly don't know who will stay or who will go, I think that's something parents and the girls will have to evaluate over the next year. I know for certain wherever Nationals are held next year, I don't plan to have to ride home with a daughter who is upset because she felt like her team underachieved and she and her teammates did not play up to their potential. I tell you it made for a long ride home.

To comment on the Lady Tigers, some of the parents have formed a relationship with the coach of the Lady Tigers and respect him as a person and also for being an excellent coach and wanted to support him and his team. I know for certain that it was not anymore to it than that, sorry your person read more into it than what it really was.

i didnt mean for this post to become a he said, she said( sorry)

we are just lookin to build on an awesome group of eight girls with heart who are excited and proud of this season and the accomplishments  thumb

and to add a couple of girls as good or even better than what we already have.

i feel it would benefit our girls and what they've accomplished and those that we add. simply put eight girls........two got injured( our post players).......leaving six healthy, in a national tournament, against that level of competition is "tough" to say it lightly. B)

825701238[/snapback]

Trottercoach,

No need to apologize, I think ptguard12 shared what he new and what he heard and that's ok. I don't think anyone means any harm.

I think your team is great and from talking with you all in Amarillo, I know you plan to take your girls to the next level. Our girls are from the Rutherford, Davidson, and Wilson Co. area. As I stated, in my response to ptguard12, parents and girls are evaluating what their plans will be for next year. Of course, we want what is best for the girls and I enjoy the Team Pride organization. I know for myself I really don't want to think about basketball for maybe another month. I as a parent I was ready for a rest. I have spoken with my daughter and she is a competitor and was very unhappy with their play in Amarillo. She only has said that she wants to be on a team with no attitudes and the team is about playing as a team. We will have to wait and see.

Ok ptguard12,

This AAU season has been quite challenging.  The coach that was planned to coach this group of girls had an emergency right before the season began and decided it would be better if he did not coach.  That was understandable and for awhile we didn't know who the coach would be. It was finally decided that his assistant from last year would take over because (1) he knew some of the girls and their talents well and (2) I don't believe the Pride organization was able to get another coach on such short notice.  Yes, there was grumblings from parents because we felt a better job could have been done, but I honestly believe Coach did the best job he was capable of doing. One other thing that presented a challenge was we had a roster of 15 girls and Coach had to decide do I give all the girls playing time and " make the girls and their parents happy" or do I win and worry about that later.  Sometimes the earlier won out which probably cost Team Pride some games they should have won.  I believe this is when alot of the "grumbling" and "unhappiness" really start taking place.  And, unfortunately it probably took place in stands, when people such as yourself had to witness and hear the complaints.  I guess it was "no secret" that parents were unhappy but I believe you will find that anywhere you go.  It's just our situation made it more obvious than within any other organization.

To say the least, I am proud of our girls because the did fight through the adversities and had the chance to travel to Amarillo and see what it takes to make our team better.  I am also proud of the parents and the support they gave,  because of regardless of what was going on, we all hung in there until 12 noon last Wednesday when we lost to the Lady Trotters and headed back 40E.  And even though there were complaints, I appreciate Coach, because he stepped in and took over a team when he really didn't have to.

I honestly don't know who will stay or who will go, I think that's something parents and the girls will have to evaluate over the next year.  I know for certain wherever Nationals are held next year, I don't plan to have to ride home with a daughter who is upset because she felt like her team underachieved and she and her teammates did not play up to their potential.  I tell you it made for a long ride home.

To comment on the Lady Tigers, some of the parents have formed a relationship with the coach of the Lady Tigers and  respect him as a person  and also for being an excellent coach and wanted to support him and his team.  I know for certain that it was not anymore to it than that, sorry your person read more into it than what it really was.

825701560[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing everything up. I hope your girls make the best decision possible next year and are happier with the end result. Good luck to you.

Trottercoach,

No need to apologize, I think ptguard12 shared what he new and what he heard and that's ok.  I don't think anyone means any harm. 

I think your team is great and from talking with you all in Amarillo, I know you plan to take your girls to the next level.  Our girls are from the Rutherford, Davidson, and Wilson Co. area.  As I stated, in my response to ptguard12, parents and girls are evaluating what their plans will be for next year.  Of course, we want what is best for the girls and I enjoy the Team Pride organization. I know for myself I really don't want to think about basketball for maybe another month.  I as a parent I was ready for a rest.  I have spoken with my daughter and she is a competitor and was very unhappy with their play in Amarillo.  She only has said that she wants to be on a team with no attitudes and the team is about playing as a team.  We will have to wait and see.

825701562[/snapback]

i'll second what point guard responded below........good luck with what ever comes along..and again if you all would like to contact me its Alan and my e-mail is

ALANSHALE@aol.com cause like i said earlier i just want whats best for my girls

and that is to surround them with players that will test their abilities and bond friendships as a team..(parents and players alike)......we already have that in our eight but need a couple more of equal or greater ability to have the depth we need

i'll second what point guard responded below........good luck with what ever comes along..and again if you all would like to contact me its Alan and my e-mail is

ALANSHALE@aol.com cause like i said earlier i just want whats best for my girls

and that is to surround them with players that will test their abilities and bond friendships as a team..(parents and players alike)......we already have that in our eight but need a couple more of equal or greater ability to have the depth we need

825701741[/snapback]

Thanks alot.........

Thanks alot.........

825702283[/snapback]

anytime........ :lol: its always nice swappin insight

and if you know of a couple of serious players that would be interested

please contact me....which is what this post was supposed to have been for(just get sidelined).....we will be workin on fundamentals this winter

Not headed anywhere....

I'm a parent and help a lot with the Pride organization. I also have much respect for the Trotters.

Open calls on a public forum to solicit players from one specific organization bothered me a little I must say.

It's been my experience that girls want to play with their friends through about 11-12. After that, many are looking for their experience. Some want that experience to be playing time, some want it to be on the best team they can find even if it means playing a little less. Some don't understand that concept until it's too late. They want to be on the best team, but only 5 can play at a time.

We are fortunate to have many good AAU organizations in Tennessee. I think most people who are looking know to look at the Tennessee Girls Basketball AAU site and most have a good idea how to find a team that suits their needs.

I think Team Pride will be competitive in all age groups again. We've won some state championships this year. We've had some teams do well in nationals and we're not through yet.

We started playing with Team Pride with the mindset of getting better. It's working for us.....