Hendersonville Commandos

allregionpatriot#3

What every happened to the big running back Hendersonville had back in 88.  I think he played at UT, but on defense?

825708258[/snapback]

Where to start on the Commandos? They will be good this year, how good is up to the depth issue. They do not have the same team as they did when these kids were freshmen. The Schlagenhaft kid is out with an injury for the year, big loss for the commandos. The transfer from last year that surprised everyone at the FB spot is also gone, transfered to Station Camp. The line is not real big but the are very athletic for a Wing-t team which is good. Defensively they will be uncharacteristic of a commando team of past. Usually big, this year small but there will be a lot of speed on the field. I dont know if they will stay in the 5-2 or not. If they change watch out for the speed they do have some this year.

As far as QB the Smith kid brings a new dimesion for the commados. He was excellent in the spring, can run and pass, and tough as nails, LB on defense. They also have a sophomore QB that could end up stealing from the Smith kid before the year is over. If they stay away from injuries, this group could make it interesting in 5-5A.

Watch out for Hunters Lane though.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where to start on the Commandos? They will be good this year, how good is up to the depth issue. They do not have the same team as they did when these kids were freshmen. The Schlagenhaft kid is out with an injury for the year, big loss for the commandos. The transfer from last year that surprised everyone at the FB spot is also gone, transfered to Station Camp. The line is not real big but the are very athletic for a Wing-t team which is good. Defensively they will be uncharacteristic of a commando team of past. Usually big, this year small but there will be a lot of speed on the field. I dont know if they will stay in the 5-2 or not. If they change watch out for the speed they do have some this year.

As far as QB the Smith kid brings a new dimesion for the commados. He was excellent in the spring, can run and pass, and tough as nails, LB on defense. They also have a sophomore QB that could end up stealing from the Smith kid before the year is over. If they stay away from injuries, this group could make it interesting in 5-5A.

Watch out for Hunters Lane though.

825708264[/snapback]

If HHS lost those 2 players; it will be tough for them. I am not sure Sawyer can carry them by himself. The Commandos will have to avoid injuries at all cost.

zd ;)

If HHS lost those 2 players; it will be tough for them. I am not sure Sawyer can carry them by himself. The Commandos will have to avoid injuries at all cost.

zd ;)

825708844[/snapback]

It will be tougher but the Smith kid at QB could be special, and there are several other seniors in the backfield with Sawyers that no one knows about yet but can play from what I saw in spring. The numbers seem to be up also, it looked around 70 players out for the Commandos.

i just got back from the commandos two a day practice and they look good. rocky smith is the sarting qb and he looks good. they have got a few new transfers that look good also and sean slagenhaft will be back before the seasons end. sawyer looks better than ever and i don't think any one will be abel to stop him this year.

i just got back from the commandos two a day practice and they look good. rocky smith is the sarting qb and he looks good. they have got a few new transfers that look good also and sean slagenhaft will be back before the seasons end. sawyer looks better than ever and i don't think any one will be abel to stop him this year.

825709192[/snapback]

Waterboy everyone looks good against each other however the preseason scrimmages will show where the weakness, why did the other back transfer to Station Camp? They will really miss those other two backs. No back can do it by himself. Who else do they scrimmage beside Hillsboro? However in the end the H'ville coaching staff will rise to the occasion just like they always do. Coach Hat and the gang will make sure that the commandos are ready to play some hard nose football. They have a good warm up game with Wilson Central a young 5A school should help them get off on the right foot.

What running back left to go to Station Camp?

825709490[/snapback]

<_< Had heard that a player that transfered to H'ville last year had moved to Station Camp this could be just another rumor there was an early post about this. If it is true this could hurt heard that the kid was a good player. However one player does not make a team. One thing is for sure the Commandos will play team ball.

Waterboy everyone looks good against each other however the preseason scrimmages will show where the weakness, why did the other back transfer to Station Camp? They will really miss those other two backs. No back can do it by himself. Who else do they scrimmage beside Hillsboro? However in the end the H'ville coaching staff will rise to the occasion just like they always do. Coach Hat and the gang will make sure that the commandos are ready to play some hard nose football. They have a good warm up game with Wilson Central a young 5A school should help them get off on the right foot.

825709438[/snapback]

critter............you are:

1.) a HHS coach

2.) kin to a HHS coach

3.) a Hatfield groupie

I sincerely hope it is not #3; anyone that makes reference to the "fabled" critter of car creek has got to be a manly man! So one needs to lightnen up on this apparent affection of Hatfield. :blink:

the zd