KWalker4 Hey

Bravey

Anyone who wants to talk non-football issues, no matter how important or serious it is. One thread may not seem like a big deal, but what if everyone on here wants to start talking to their buddies on this or that about everything but football?

825708856[/snapback]

Well if you knew anything this is football related. Her dad is an assistant football coach at Fulton. So that's not a buddy that's a coach. I think you need to take that back. You're a disgrace and have no sympathy ;)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indian - I'm sorry but I'm a little confused. You say you're a moderator & your job is to make sure people stay on the subject of football. I'm not going to get on here & bash anyone for starting threads, but I'm pretty sure there have been other threads started on the football forum that didn't really pertain to football. I've have read the jacquimac thread, posted on it, been touched by all the people praying for her & think it is wonderful that somebody thought enough of her to start a thread. You see, I totally believe in the power of prayer. I was diagnosed with lung cancer last december. I know there were many many prayers on my behalf & I am happy to say that after very tough radiation, chemotherapy & surgery I am now cancer free. This thread was started because someone thought enough of my Dad to let me know they were thinking about him & hoping he was doing better. My Dad is a high school football coach/athletic director & has been for the last 40 years. While on vacation in Florida a couple of weeks ago he contracted a very bad bacterial infection from the ocean. He ended up in the emergency room there & when he got back home spent a week in the hospital. He is now home from the hospital, but is still very ill. As I said, he has been a high school football coach at Fulton High School for 40 years. In that forty years he missed his first game last year when his father was dying in the hospital. This week started practice for high shcool football & my Dad is missing practice for the first time, which is extremely hard on him to say the least. Tad, splains, roadrunner, stlrcoach & others who have shown concern, I would like to sincerely thank you. I will let my Dad know you have asked about him. Hopefully he won't be down too much longer!

GO FALCONS!

I should have asked some questions earlier, myself, and headed this off. The thread, at the outset, looked to me like a conversation between two fans, non-football related, which could have been carried on elsewhere. Now that I know who you are referring to, and know that other fans would want to know this, too, then it changes things entirely. Don't be upset with Indian. He was doing what I have asked of him. The blame is mine for not clarifying this earlier.

Keep us up-to-date on how he is doing.

Kwalker4 ..Im sorry for starting something here ..I was just concerned and wanted to let you know I was praying for your Dad .... sure didnt mean to raise a rucus over it .. but I tell you your Dad helped me grow up as a person in high school and I will never forget that ... he and Coach Sharp were very influential in my life ... hope he gets back soon ... he needs to crack the whip on some of them young lineman ... and before someone gets the wrong idea about him using a whip .. i was just using that saying as being vocal and using the tough LOVE he uses .... see at the games ....

I know your DAD thru camps I hope he is doing well and I am very glad that you are doing well we missed him last year at camp and you had a lot of umpires praying for you. I know that those same guys are now praying for your DAD. Sometimes it seems like when it rains it pours and i hope it all dries up soon.

Gob bless