KWalker4 Hey

Bravey

Dad got out of the hospital tonight right before Fulton played in the jambo. He, of course, didn't get to come, but he called me on his way home & I had to stay on the phone w/ him to give him a play-by-play.

825714746[/snapback]

YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT DAUGHTER I know he must be proud of you giving play by play that is funny i hope you didnt tell on a lineman if he missed a block

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TAD - Dad is doing much better. He is still having a lot of pain in his ankle & you can tell there is still some infection in his leg, but the swelling has gone down quite a bit and I think he is feeling better. He was in good spirits tonight. Your Dad, I believe, called tonight to check on him. He talked to my Mom. Hopefully he won't have any more bumps in his road to recovery! :P

Thats great news .. i stopped by practice on the way home from work and saw him out there ... he did look like he had a bit of hop is his step .. looked like he was feeling alot better ... Falcons need to get some of these hurt guys back .. hopefully they will be back before the opener ... my Dad probably did call .. he was at my house Sat and I had told him that your Dad had been back in hospital ... take care !!!

He was there, he just wasn't on the field. I was there, too! Dad went back to the doctor Tuesday & they didn't like the looks of his leg so the doctor sent him home & told him he couldn't work the rest of the week & he could only go to football if he would sit down with his leg propped up. So he sat right in front of the press box with a walkie talkie again. I don't know what they'll do with him next week if he's not better because I do NOT see them keeping him off the field. He missed this game last year ( the ONLY game he's missed in 40 years) so I feel certain he will try to get as well as possible.

. . . . sorry I missed you at the scrimmage. I guess I'll see you next week if I can find you in all the madness. :P

GO FALCONS!

UPDATE: Dad went to see a Vascular Surgeon yesterday. He went to have an MRI of his leg last night & he is going to have a sonogram of his lower leg September 12 (that's the earliest they could schedule him). The doctor said he is getting good blood flow down to his foot, but the blood flow going back up his leg is not good, so that's why they want to do the sonogram. The doctor told him they were going to get rid of the infection, but that it could take up to around 3 months. He is back at work right now & coaching, but I think he is trying to be careful to keep his leg propped up as much as possible. I'll let you know when I find out more. In the meantime, we've got a HUGE game this week against AE so . . . . . . . .

GO FALCONS!

Edited by kwalker4

UPDATE:  Dad went to see a Vascular Surgeon yesterday. He went to have an MRI of his leg last night & he is going to have a sonogram of his lower leg September 12 (that's the earliest they could schedule him). The doctor said he is getting good blood flow down to his foot, but the blood flow going back up his leg is not good, so that's why they want to do the sonogram. The doctor told him they were going to get rid of the infection, but that it could take up to around 3 months. He is back at work right now & coaching, but I think he is trying to be careful to keep his leg propped up as much as possible. I'll let yo uknow when I find out more. In the meantime, we've got a HUGE game this week against AE so . . . . . . . .

GO FALCONS!

825725521[/snapback]

I hope your dad gets better real quick kwalker4 !! good luck to you both and good luck to the Falcons .

Thanks for the UPDATE ..saw him at practice Tuesday but didnt go down on field to talk ..I waved at him as I left ... hope they get all that infection out of there .. it could take awhile .. Dad had infection in his knee replacement and it was a bear to get under control .... he needs to follow the bosses orders and we all know who the boss is .. Brenda ... I will keep praying for him and his continued progress ...

and one other thing GO FALCONS !!!!