Top Linebackers in 4A Football

NEFTBLPlyr

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your talking about playing at the next level I dont think longworth has the size to do so. but if we're talking about the murphy fair book it looks like those boys from powell may be ready to put up some pretty good numbers this year. Lakiin is a big kid who is finally getting his chance to shine after seeing playing time for two years. Key is a kid who has all the tools needed to be a big time linebacker on the hs level and a heck of a punter as well. Courtney showed his worth last year Jay is a kid who loves to hit people, hes always going somewhere with bad intentions. No one guy is gonna stand out but its gonna be tough to run on the panthers with those guys playing behind a line that has three D-1 prospects on it. (Lee Smith, solid verbal to UT, Justin Galyon, and John Bruhin.)

if your talking about playing at the next level I dont think longworth has the size to do so. but if we're talking about the murphy fair book it looks like those boys from powell may be ready to put up some pretty good numbers this year. Lakiin is a big kid who is finally getting his chance to shine after seeing playing time for two years. Key is a kid who has all the tools needed to be a big time linebacker on the hs level and a heck of a punter as well. Courtney showed his worth last year Jay is a kid who loves to hit people, hes always going somewhere with bad intentions. No one guy is gonna stand out but its gonna be tough to run on the panthers with those guys playing behind a line that has three D-1 prospects on it. (Lee Smith, solid verbal to UT, Justin Galyon, and John Bruhin.)

825707369[/snapback]

:D:D You know, OH NeverMind!

From what I witnessed last year, Melrose has a corp of speedy hard hitting LB's that will be very very effective again this year. #5 - Martez Shipp (Sr.), #6 - Javon McKinnon (Sr.), #33 - Antonio Harper (So.), & #43 - Zebulun Edwards (So.) will again be a force to be reckoned with. All of them have blazing speed and killer instinct. Melrose lost last years Mr. Football LB Greg Hardy, but all the rest of the corp is back ... and boy am I going to enjoy watching them 'seek and destroy' this year. Whether it is stuffing the belly play from whatever formation an offense will throw at them. Or shutting off the cornors and cutback angles, or covering backs out of the backfield and covering tight ends ... I'd put this corp against any corp across tennessee, in any classification.

K

i never said any of those kids were all american all i said was there is a ton of potential in the linebacking corps at powell. None of the linebackers there have proven anything with the possible exception of Jay Courtney who started at strong safety last year. The D line should be the strong point of the team i mean Lee is going to UT Galyon is getting letters from all kinds of D1 school and John Bruhin is going to be a D1 player when his high school days are over as well as magaha although he is probably more of an olineman. Now that being said any group of linebackers could fly around and make plays behind that group of monsters but only time will tell if this ideal situation ive dreamed up actually comes to be.

Keep an eye on Chris Miles, 6'2 1/2", 225-230, from Mt. Juliet. He was injured last year in the Pearl Cohn Game in the 2nd qtr and already had 10 unassisted tackles in 10 minutes of play. Getting a lot of looks from D-1, (Vanderbilt especially). If he can get his speed back which he is real close he will be the linebacking force in middle tennessee. He's a smart instinctive player who scrapes well to the ball and has great "football speed". Oh, he also will knock the snot out of you. thumb