phs5

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote=phs5,Jul 30 2005 - 03:44 PM]

The devils dont stand a chance, rivalry or not they just cant match up

825707528[/snapback]

I tell you what is a joke..............Powell was LOADED last year and lost what..........four games. Until they do something with all that tallent I would think Powell is the joke...

this is history in the making a knox central player agreeing with a Maryville fan u wouldnt think it is possible.... but really he has a point if Powell would use the tallent they had they would be one heck of a team ive played football @ Levi Feild with half of that Senior Class and And the Junior Class so i know what they have so yea they probably will beat HALLS but will they beat McCallie,Knox Central or Maryville so have fun with ur season

[quote=phs5,Jul 30 2005 - 03:44 PM]

The devils dont stand a chance, rivalry or not they just cant match up

825707528[/snapback]

I tell you what is a joke..............Powell was LOADED last year and lost what..........four games. Until they do something with all that tallent I would think Powell is the joke...

825707534[/snapback]

This is the real Joke! Lee Smith picked as pre- season, athlete of the year in the KFL going, by the high school kick off book . Also listed as top offensive lineman of the year of the KFL, and also top defensive lineman. Can anyone Please tell me What has the boy done? Other than verbaley committ to UT? Would this have anything to do with his dad? He needs to be concentrating on football other than setting off smoke bombs at Target.....did anything become of this? I thought an athlete had to have speed and quickness...If Powell has an athlete it would be Watts....Halls will give Powell all they want on the field.

Rest assured that the coaches at powell are more than capable of dealing with the off the field issues. And u know what i think u made ur own point.....what has the boy done besides commit to UT. Well if a top 5 division 1 program wants him he must be doing something right and the devils would have gotten man handled last year if not for Ivan sitting down on mid field. And as for last year if Powell squeaks past maryville in the second round game which they almost did then they probably go on to win state.

[/b]

825707534[/snapback]

This is the real Joke! Lee Smith picked as pre- season, athlete of the year in the KFL going, by the high school kick off book . Also listed as top offensive lineman of the year of the KFL, and also top defensive lineman. Can anyone Please tell me What has the boy done? Other than verbaley committ to UT? Would this have anything to do with his dad? He needs to be concentrating on football other than setting off smoke bombs at Target.....did anything become of this? I thought an athlete had to have speed and quickness...If Powell has an athlete it would be Watts....Halls will give Powell all they want on the field.

825707914[/snapback]

WHAT ARE YOU DOING OTHER THAN SITTING HERE TALKING SMACK??????

ARE YOU GOING TO UT TO PLAY FOOTBALL

STOP KNOCKING THE GUY

I HAVE KNOWN HIM SINCE HE WAS A LITTLE KID(PLAYED BASKETBALL AND FOOTBALL WITH HIM AT HIS HOUSE FOR MANY YEARS)

LEE IS AN AWSOME ATHLETE, HIS DAD HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HIM BEING NAMED TO ANYTHING LEE EARNED IT BY HARD WORK

AT LEAST THE GUY IS OUT THERE DOING SOMETHING WHAT ARE YOU DOING OTHER THAN SITTING ON A COMPUTER???????

Can anyone Please tell me What has the boy done? Other than verbaley committ to UT? Would this have anything to do with his dad?

Boy, you guys kill me. Everytime you look on this board someone is blasting TN for not picking local talent. Now when they do you say his dad had something to do with it. Even if that was so, how do you explain him being picked as a top recruit by a number of analyst. Sports illustrated had him as the number 1 tight end in the southeast.

Do you really think TN would waste a scholarship on a kid that couldn't play just because of his dad. I'm sure UT has had a number of players who have sons, but they aren't given scholarships.

Even if the kid never plays a down for UT that doesn't mean he didn't deserve it coming out of high school. Recruiting is a crap shoot, you win some you lose some. Every team in the country has them.

Last thought Powell will beat Halls, and I would be willing to bet he will contribute heavily in that game.

extremeflurry,

Don't count out my debils just yet my friend. If you look at the history of the halls-powell games, you will find that over the past few years the home team has won the game. Don't know the reason except just when it looks like my debils have the better team they go to powell and lose. And just the opposite is true when the panthers travel to halls.

This year should be no different. Pre-season all-world te Lee Smith and company will face a tough battle in debil land this year.

Me and my momma will be there dressed in red from head to toe ringing our cowbells for the debils.

bbs

Anytime you have a rivalry game, strange things can happen. On paper, this one shouldn't be that close, but it is not played on paper. I still believe that Powell is a solid favorite in this one. The thing is, this game is a long time off and lots of things could happen between now and then. Both teams have important games before that one and should be concentrating on those.