JPII vs. FRHS

Father Ryan Wrestling

August 26, 7 pm. This game will be HEATED. This rivalry has developed fiercly over the last 3 years. FRHS is going in with a re-vamped football program, but running out of time to develop under Lussier's program. Pope John will get its first chance to play Father Ryan in a real game, and not a scrimmage.

Father Ryan lost a few seniors, so the experience from the seniors will definitely shine through. Same thing for Pope, who has their 2nd graduating class coming up. The players are getting well prepared for this game.

The game will be at JP2. The stadium will probably not have the capacity to hold all of the Irish fans that are coming (just like their gym!). Pope's students have an avid dishate of Father Ryan. If you happen to miss the MBA*Byrnes game, then this one will be as heated, if not better, and more fun to watch. The atmosphere will be a hated one, the chants will be cruel, the hits will be hard, and no children shall be spared. Good ol' Catholic football!

Thoughts? Discuss

edit: wrong date ^.^

Edited by Father Ryan Wrestling

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Football Fans - Lets check the date on this game... I believe JPII plays Greenbrier on the 19th.... The Holy War takes place on the 26th of August...Father Ryan fans are welcome at the stadium on the 19th .... Just bring your $5.00 and wear your Navy and Gold.... You will have the opportunity to wear that God Awfull purple to the stadium on the 26th...

Truly ... this game is going to become a midstate rivalry unmatched by any other two schools.... Including MBA V. Father Ryan... The game is going to be televised this year. The atmosphere is going to be huge with plenty of tailgating and pep rallying before the game... Alot of pride on the line....The stadium will be packed(but at least we are allowed to play games after dark). Parking is going to be tight.... but what fun it is going to be....

Good Luckto both Schools and actually The JPII kids just barely hate the Ryan Kids.

"Pope's students have an avid dishate of Father Ryan" -Father Ryan Wrestling

First dishate is not a word (indicative of the emphasis that FRHS places on academics)...it has no meaning. JP2 fans do not hate Father Ryan...if anything it is FRHS who dislikes JP2.

Second, it is once again that FRHS fans show their flawed logic in analysis of this or any matchup. Rivalry is not about hatred, cruelty and putting children at risk. Football Rivalry (or any sporting rivalry) is about gentlemen athletes meeting each other on the field of battle with honor, dignity, and a show of respect to their opponents. And when the battle is over showing the grace and integrity that is characteristic of gentlemen to congratulate their opponents in victory or defeat. The sooner Father Ryan fans learn this the better off they will be and the more respect they will garner from members on this message board.

Third, I notice in your post that you do not speak to the specific game and an honest opinion of how the matchup will result. You seem to be speaking like a poorly constructed commercial on ESPN for a sporting event. Please play to your strengths-I am guessing maybe wrestling. <_<

I am also very interested to see what people think about tghe FRHS JPII game. I personally think that JPII will put up a good fight, but I think that they think they are going to be unstopable, only because of their division. AA and AAA are a very big difference. AAA is much more competitive. FRHS is used to competing at the AAA level ( last year they played more than half of their games on the AAA level). I think FRHS is underated because of the level that they play at. I think if FRHS played in the AA level, things would be a lot different.

Spare the lecturs please. Yal sound scared.

If FRHS played in class AA they would excel at very high levels of victories, knowing little of defeat. There is a HUGE difference between classes AA and AAA. But you Pope fans will find out soon enough when you play MBA ;)

Ok? So Pope kids doesnt hate Father Ryan? I gotta beg to differ when I go to those basketball games. Those chants and insults are pretty cruel. But who leaves those games with smiles on their faces? The winners. And who are the winners? You will need more than 'Golden Tate' to play us and the teams in our class.

Irishballer...it is the same thing every year. You show the arrogance of your kind, Irish fans, who are always making excuses for a poor showing in their division and showing disrespect to other teams because of their division assignments. JP2 fans or players do not make assumptions about our chances of winning any game and definately not because of our division (which I find to be a ludicrous statement in itself). We understand the challenges of our schedule this year and gladly accept it because we will rise to each occasion this year as in the past.

I do think if you played in D2AA things would have been a little different for you. But D2AA is not a less talented group of players. The divisions are based on enrollment. That means you have the opportunity of having more players than JP2. That being said BA would be a D2AA team because of enrollment. Correct me if I am wrong but Knox Catholic beat you soundly the last 2 years and BGA went 1-1 the last 2 seasons against you. They were both D2AA teams. Briarcrest was also a D2AA team last year, I am not sure you would have beaten them, or even Harding Academy or ECS or Knox Webb. JP2 has improved over the last 2 years so much that MBA, Greenbriar and Franklin County, among others, are willing to play us.

Don't underestimate the Knights just as we do not underestimate you.

Please show a little class. I am sure Father Ryan showed nothing but decorum at those basketball games.

Win or lose, at least when we play MBA we can say we played with "Gentlemen" not classless thugs like the Irish.  thumb

825713085[/snapback]

For you to say that Father Ryan is a bunch of thugs is showing a complete lack of respect for your opponent. You are obviously one of the most ignorant people in the JP2 family and I am sure that most of the people at Jp2 are embarrassed to have you writing posts for them. Things have changed around Father Ryan and this year will be all business. Week in and week out we will be competitive and make a much better showing than last year. As far as the Jp2 game goes it is the first game that we have and we will be ready. I just hope that all the fans and players at JP2 are ready to walk out of the stadium disappointed.

Coach Lussier doesn't have goons and thugs on any of his teams. His teams are well coached and don't need cheap shots.

Thanks Bounder for setting me straight!

My apologies for the thug comment, however, my experience with the Irish has been much less than pleasant. I am glad to see that change is in place at Father Ryan and sportsmanship will be a priority. In previous years that was not the case.

FRfootball66, perhaps I am ignorant but the truth about the way most of your fans behave on this site hurts, doesn't it? Read other posts and what is said by most of your fan base. They show no sportsmanship. If you don't like my posts please feel free to ignore them; and as for other JP2 fans, they would agree with me in content, however, I do apologize to them for losing my decorum and calling the Irish thugs. ;)

Good Luck to Coach Lussier! thumb