Knox Central Bobcats

chsOL68

From the looks of Friday, I see the 'Boro at the end of the glass road for you Bobcats.  Tell Coach LA, AEROADRUNNERS said, "YES SIR"  :P

825716039[/snapback]

yall lost 2 powell so i wouldnt be sayin anything anywaysthem falcons gonna put out the roadrunners again this year so c yall next friday when we whoop that tail

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres a game summary the bobcats came out and scored on the 1st drive with a TD pass to michael nelson then bell county went on offense and fumbled the ball central got it back and scored with a FG bye Lonas, Lonas Kicked severial FG at the bell county game then in 3rd quarter Central's Robert Longworth injured his knee so he was out for the game then central ran a option and Helton scrambled for a TD the final score 30 - 15 Central BOBCATS..... It was a very good game and good luck to bell county for rest of the season.

First of all, thanks to everyone from Bell Co. They were fine hosts.

Central dominated the first half of the game and looked pretty sharp on offense. The passing game was very good for the Cats. Central's running game never really got into high gear. The Oline is still a work in progress in that respect. The pass blocking, though, was excellent. Central got out to a 23-7 lead on a TD pass to Nelson in the 1st quarter and a TD pass to Nance in the 2nd. Lonas Seiber had 3 field goals.

For Bell Co., they are a gritty bunch. They are not big, but they play smart and will take the 4-5 yard plays and be happy. They run a lot of traps, cross bucks, quick hits with the FB. Bell Co. uses an unusual defense and they were effective in slowing down Central's running game. IMO, Bell Co.'s secondary is the weak spot for them. Bell Co was able to score at the end of the 2nd quarter and get a 2 point coversion to make it 23-15 at half. Bell Co was aided but some very questionable officiating on that drive.

The 3rd quarter was all Bell Co. They slowly and methodically drove the ball without throwing a pass the whole quarter. They took the 2nd half kickoff and held the ball until there was only about 6 minutes left in the 3rd. To Central's credit, the D would bend, but not break. When Central got the ball back, they went 3 and out. Bell Co then again held the ball until there was only 9 minutes to go in the game. The big plays in that drive was Central stopping Bell on a 3rd down and inches, and then 4th down and about a foot at the Central 25 yard line.

Central again went 3 and out. Bell Co again was driving the ball but a couple of pass attempts by Bell were very well defended. Central's D line hit Bell's QB everytime he tried to throw the ball. Central was finally able to mount a drive and Zach Helton ran 50 yards on an option with a little more than 2 minutes to go to seal the game. Final score 30-15 Central.

Bell Co will win a lot of ball games this year. They will frustrate the heck out of ya. Good luck the rest of the year.

As for Central, run blocking needs some work. Also, the D backs could do a better job in coverage. Cutting down penalties is a must. Although, this officiating crew was a joke and it was hard to tell how many Central really earned.

As was mentioned, all state LB Robert Longworth was injured in the 3rd quarter. He is going to miss a few games. This is a big blow to the D. Hopefully, Robert will be able to get back in by the middle of the season. He is a heck of a young man and he will work very hard to do so.

One more note, Central kicker Lonas Seiber is unreal. I have never seen a better kicker at the HS level. If Central gets to mid field, he is in range. This kid will be getting a ton of offers from colleges.

First of all, thanks to everyone from Bell Co.  They were fine hosts.

Central dominated the first half of the game and looked pretty sharp on offense.  The passing game was very good for the Cats. Central's running game never really got into high gear.  The Oline is still a work in progress in that respect.  The pass blocking, though, was excellent.  Central got out to a 23-7 lead on a TD pass to Nelson in the 1st quarter and a TD pass to Nance in the 2nd.  Lonas Seiber had 3 field goals. 

For Bell Co., they are a gritty bunch.  They are not big, but they play smart and will take the 4-5 yard plays and be happy.  They run a lot of traps, cross bucks, quick hits with the FB.  Bell Co. uses an unusual defense and they were effective in slowing down Central's running game.  IMO, Bell Co.'s secondary is the weak spot for them.  Bell Co was able to score at the end of the 2nd quarter and get a 2 point coversion to make it 23-15 at half.  Bell Co was aided but some very questionable officiating on that drive.

The 3rd quarter was all Bell Co.  They slowly and methodically drove the ball without throwing a pass the whole quarter.  They took the 2nd half kickoff and held the ball until there was only about 6 minutes left in the 3rd.  To Central's credit, the D would bend, but not break.  When Central got the ball back, they went 3 and out.  Bell Co then again held the ball until there was only 9 minutes to go in the game.  The big plays in that drive was Central stopping Bell on a 3rd down and inches, and then 4th down and about a foot at the Central 25 yard line.

Central again went 3 and out.  Bell Co again was driving the ball but a couple of pass attempts by Bell were very well defended.  Central's D line hit Bell's QB everytime he tried to throw the ball.  Central was finally able to mount a drive and Zach Helton ran 50 yards on an option with a little more than 2 minutes to go to seal the game.  Final score 30-15 Central.

Bell Co will win a lot of ball games this year.  They will frustrate the heck out of ya.  Good luck the rest of the year.

As for Central, run blocking needs some work.  Also, the D backs could do a better job in coverage.  Cutting down penalties is a must.  Although, this officiating crew was a joke and it was hard to tell how many Central really earned.

As was mentioned, all state LB Robert Longworth was injured in the 3rd quarter.  He is going to miss a few games.  This is a big blow to the D.  Hopefully, Robert will be able to get back in by the middle of the season.  He is a heck of a young man and he will work very hard to do so.

One more note, Central kicker Lonas Seiber is unreal.  I have never seen a better kicker at the HS level.  If Central gets to mid field, he is in range.  This kid will be getting a ton of offers from colleges.

825721004[/snapback]

What type of injury did Longworth suffer? You are right. He's an outstanding football player. Central will definitely miss him if he's out for a prolonged period.

What year is Seiber? Has he been playing football? I thought you guys had one of the best in Cox over the last couple of years. If this kid is as good as Cox, you are in great shape.

HTV--Robert's injury is to his knee. I'm not going to speculate on the severity or the exact type of injury it is.

Lonas Sieber is a senior. He is a military kid and has lived all over. He came to Knoxville from Germany where he was an outstanding soccer player. His grandfather lives in Ftn City. I've heard that he really wants to kick for UT. As far as comparing him to Adam Cox or Tom Hansen from last year, this kid is on another level. In warmups last nite, he hit a 57 yarder that split the uprights near the top. Supposedly, he has been good from 65 yards in practice. I'm not sure what the national record is for longest HS field goal, but Central needs to find out and give this kid a shot at it.

HTV--Robert's injury is to his knee.  I'm not going to speculate on the severity or the exact type of injury it is. 

Lonas Sieber is a senior.  He is a military kid and has lived all over.  He came to Knoxville from Germany where he was an outstanding soccer player.  His grandfather lives in Ftn City.  I've heard that he really wants to kick for UT.  As far as comparing him to Adam Cox or Tom Hansen from last year, this kid is on another level.  In warmups last nite, he hit a 57 yarder that split the uprights near the top.  Supposedly, he has been good from 65 yards in practice.  I'm not sure what the national record is for longest HS field goal, but Central needs to find out and give this kid a shot at it.

825721043[/snapback]

Thanks. Knee injuries can be tricky. I hope RLs isn't severe.

I'm anxious to see Sieber kick. Does he have an "Ian O'Connor" type leg?

Did Cox end up going to Maryville College, or did he walk on at UT? I heard that those were the two options he was exploring, but I never did hear anything official.

Hansen is an invited walkon at Purdue. He is competing with another incoming freshman walkon for a scholarship for next year.

I did not really get to see O'Connor at his best. He was injured one year when Central played them. The other times his attempts where not from that far out. Like I said, this kid is the best I've ever seen.

I understand that Adam Cox is the #1 kicker at Maryville College.

I'm glad to hear that Hansen is doing well at Purdue. However, being an alum of Indiana University, I don't like to see anything go well at Purdue :lol: