Page-Independence Rivalry?

bulldog69

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Independence has a really small class of juniors on the team. 12 of them actually. They had a big dropoff and lost 34 kids over the offseason. They are all healthy and ready to go. Todd Stinson is the offensive line coach. They have some pretty decent sized kids, they're just too young. Look for Indy to try to make plays on special teams or something like that. I pick Page in this one though. Indy will beat Page next year, but not this year.

Since Indy has almost all of the Page Soph and Jr classes that would more than likely be true. If the school board makes Page an open school then more students would naturally shift back. This is the Pats year to do some big things. When Indy opened. The Page freshman class had 3 players come out. That has changed but not enough.

What happened to "G" coaching the line at Indy? Why such a dropoff? They have to have some pretty good numbers to compete at 5a.

It's time for a prediction.

Josh runs for a buck fifty. Several backs carry the freight........and the "hoggies" open the holes. The Pats "D" swarms everywhere and the Indy Qb will be sacked a few times.

31-14....... Since it is early in the season Smith might slip in a few late...Indy will have to do through the air.

Palmer just wants to win and keep everyone healthy.

G is still on the staff, but not as the line coach. I guess Smith wanted Stinson because of their past work experience with each other. G helps with offensive and focuses more on defensive line. The line was very weak last year and Smith really wanted to improve that. Coach Stinson has the lineman running 30+ 40 yard dashes during practice. They're conditioned well, but undermanned going against a Page line with 4/5 guys benching over 300 and the one who doesn't is arguably the best lineman. Indy has one guy at 315 bench wise, but he weighs only 190 and plays offensive line.

Prediction time:

If the weather keeps up, it definitely favors Page. I see Palmer as a classy coach who recognizes that if he runs up the score against Indy, two things will happen: 1) Indy will remember this next year and run it up on Page and 2) The likelihood of an injury is much higher and they have three huge games after this one. I forsee a well spirited game between the fans. I expect a huge turnout from Indy fans. We'll be ready, at least spirit wise, for the game. I see this game going one of two directions: 1) McMurray scores on nearly every carry or 2) Indy gets a few breaks with penalties, special teams, and breaks a play on offense. Indy has an interesting gameplan this week and that will benefit them. Don't be surprised to see Indy score first, similar to when Centennial played BA two years ago at CHS. However, Page should take this one. I'll predict a score of 35-21. However, I see it being about 28-7 or so and then the Page backups come in. This is how Indy ended up with 24 against BA last year. McMurray with a crazy YPC average and 3 TDs. Hughston Bennett caused a lot of problems for IHS in the JV game last year, so I figure Palmer will use that to his advantage. Page 35-Indy 21.

I would count "G" as a 7 pt advantage for Page....enough said.

Palmer will never run the score up on anyone nor has he ever. We all know Smith will do that regardless of your history with his team.

Indy scoring early will only make Page's intensity grow.

If Indy throws it around and there are a few picks, things can get out of hand. Look for for the Page D to score once and set up another score. The heat will be coming right at the QB. It will be hard for him to throw unless they are quick slants.

I like Page's o-line. They are very seasoned. I hope to see some depth progress at each game. Page has to hold onto the ball.

Page is in mid-season shape but Friday will determine if they can match it with mid-season form.