Page-Independence Rivalry?

bulldog69

I would count "G" as a 7 pt advantage for Page....enough said.

Palmer will never run the score up on anyone nor has he ever. We all know Smith will do that regardless of your history with his team.

Indy scoring early will only make Page's intensity grow.

If Indy throws it around and there are a few picks, things can get out of hand. Look for for the Page D to score once and set up another score. The heat will be coming right at the QB. It will be hard for him to throw unless they are quick slants.

I like Page's o-line. They are very seasoned. I hope to see some depth progress at each game. Page has to hold onto the ball.

Page is in mid-season shape but Friday will determine if they can match it with mid-season form.

825718581[/snapback]

Bulldog, I agree 100% with what you're saying. Also, I would count G as a bigger advantage than just a touchdown. I guess that's why his role is reduced. I feel for the Indy QB with a weak line against Page's pressure defense. I also worry about the game getting out of hand, with the intensity of the rivalry and whatnot, we don't want the game to turn ugly. I'll be at the game early Friday if you want to find me. You're a good fan, unlike some others on this thread.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who is this "G" that you are referring too. I predict page to win this one as long as they do not allow independence to hang around early. They need to put them away early and not give up mistakes such as fumbles. So who are some of the good players to watch for independence. Is there qb any good?

Guest catfish-hunter
So who is this "G" that you are referring too.  I predict page to win this one as long as they do not allow independence to hang around early.  They need to put them away early and not give up mistakes such as fumbles.  So who are some of the good players to watch for  independence.  Is there qb any good?

825718799[/snapback]

I think that Independence will hang around early but as the game goes on and their linemen wear down from the adjustment from playing JV games to now playing varsity games it will show late. Page returns everybody from an offensive line that was simply physical in 2004 and we all know about Josh McMurray. That is when Page will start churning out huge yardage on the ground and go on to win by at least 2TD's late.

Catfish...in response to your query about "G"...let's just say he was a big reason you were able to put it on Page the year you beat them. Since he is now at a different school some 4 years later I think you can put 2 and 2 together.

I feel that this game showcase two different philosophies about football on offense.

Smashmouth or throw it around!

The Page line is huge and some 3 yr starters. The key as I see it is the quick development of some defensive players and an emerging QB on offense for Page.

I look for some mistakes...Page usually has some early.....but I am telling you that these guys are in shape. No disrespect against Indy, but a close high scoring game does not bode well for the Pats

I think at least 3 different RB's will take it to the house for Page. I hope to see a lot of rotation in the off and def. lines. We want to see how deep we are.

Special teams????

Look for Independence to try hook and ladder, statue of liberty, etc. to get out ahead. I have even heard of them going onside kick everytime they kick. Fake punt. Watch Smith before the game and see how long he talks with the officials and that will give you an idea of how many "tricks" he has up his sleeve

Palmer wants this team to get ready for the rumble in the region and try to go as deep as possible. Remember he has one Championship winner at Lincoln co.

Page wins...if Indy turns it over early...it will be lights out.

I do not know anything about any injuries. This game means nothing for Page in their region ...it is a rival game. So maybe somebody is being held out just in case. I don't know.

Here's to a great game and lots of head-knocking but no serious injuries. It is going to be hot.

I drove by the school a while ago at Indy. That wasn't "G" out there hosing down the field with a flood was it?

Man oh man....I read the Williamson am a little while ago. Those Independence players statements were pretty strong for someone playing their first Varsity game.

Remember this....Palmer never runs it up on anyone. Smith runs it up on anyone including his mom if necessary. What ever the score, it will not determine future outcomes cause Smitty has no conscious when it comes to that (i.e. Ezell).

If Indy throws it around or lays down on defense. It will be ugly.

One of the Indy players was quoted as saying that if they stopped Josh, then they would beat Page. I think he would have thought about all of those "hoggies" up front , who are ALL back from last year. If they open holes like I have seen, I could gain yardage with those....You hear that Lucas, Zack and CO. ????