Greenback at South Pittsburg

Beene_Coliseum

Greenbacks front four on offense will lean on South Pitt's D-line all nite and have them wore out by the 3rd quarter. That's not disrespect to SP. Just how I see it. Greenback's line has played together for years and have been through the battles together.

It's gonna be a great game, but my score above is still where I stand on it...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question to all you folks out there talking about how big Greenback's line is: Game time tempatures will probably reach into the upper 80s. Throw into account the humidity. Will that affect those huge lineman? I would say so. It remains to be seen who will be wore down by the 3rd or 4th quarter, most likely both teams will be affected, but my guess is it's going to affect those bigger guys long before anyone else.

It's going to come down to Greenback's D-line. One of South Pitts advantages is that they have an explosive receiver. Greenback must put pressure on the QB at all times, so he won't be able to throw, but still stay smart enough to watch for a screen or draw. With South Pitt's speed, that would be killer. Hopefully, the mostly senior line will play heads up football.

As for offense, if Greenback can hold on to the ball, and sustain drives, they will win.

It's going to come down to Greenback's D-line.  One of South Pitts advantages is that they have an explosive receiver.  Greenback must put pressure on the QB at all times, so he won't be able to throw, but still stay smart enough to watch for a screen or draw.  With South Pitt's speed, that would be killer.  Hopefully, the mostly senior line will play heads up football. 

As for offense, if Greenback can hold on to the ball, and sustain drives, they will win.

825720073[/snapback]

Yall keep talking about how big Greenback's D-line is, and I dont know much about them, but i know some big people and one thing about big people...they are SLOW. That means after SP gets the ball past the line of scrimmage, it's up to just the db's to make the tackle. I dont know about yall, but i would put my money on Matthews(#2) running over any of GBs defensive backs. South Pitt's D-line may be smaller, but they can fly(compared to other linemen) downfield to the ball.

I say South Pitt takes this one 27-14.

I am not trying to pump up anyone. I am just telling it like it is. South Pitt has a very small front 7 that should be dominated by Greenback's big physical line. I am also not sure about their defensive backfield because from what I saw in the jamboree they did not look like the greatest tackling team, and they had tall safeties and very small corners and Greenback's Offense should be able to get by them fairly easy. Sp had an alright rushing game but I'm not sure their line will be able to hold up against Greenback's line. Their quarterback did not always seem to have time to throw the ball and seemed to be lacking some arm strenght though he looked as though he could move a little bit. The Pirates with the schedule they've got should win at least 6, but not game 1 against Greenback. I predict a score of 21 to 7 in favor of GB. Anyways good luck to both teams and let the games begin!

825719602[/snapback]

You are right on the score. You just have it backwards. SP 21 Greenback 7. Sp will probably score 35. They will run all over Greenback.

I have seen South Pitt for the last 8 or 9 years.  They are much improved from last year.  I saw Greenback last season.  I saw South Pitt in the jamboree.  I love my Bucs, but South Pitt will win this game.  Too much speed!!  35-7

825720276[/snapback]

Hard fought game all the way. Both teams deserve credit on this one. SP 20 Greenback 16