Powell vs Fulton scrimmage is on thursday

phs5

My understandin was that he has a bad ankle. He should be back before long, but I don't seem him playing in the scrimmage. I don't think they would risk hurting him worse when we have AE the next week.

Speaking of . . . how physical do you think this scrimmage will be? I wouldn't think it would be too much considering the season starts next week for fear of injuring players.

My understandin was that he has a bad ankle. He should be back before long, but I don't seem him playing in the scrimmage. I don't think they would risk hurting him worse when we have AE the next week.

Speaking of . . . how physical do you think this scrimmage will be? I wouldn't think it would be too much considering the season starts next week for fear of injuring players.

825717278[/snapback]

I don't know. The last two years the Powell/Fulton scrimmage has been very physical, and it was held the night before the jamboree last year. I expect it to be very physical, like it always is.

By the way, the scrimmage has been moved back to Powell and will take place on the practice field, according to Powell coaches. The game field is going to be used for the freshman jamboree on Saturday and the groundkeeper said that it can't take a scrimmage Thursday, the jamboree on Saturday and then be ready for two home games the next two weeks.

Fulton's QB's need the work but I hope they are careful ... Fulton has alot of folks injured right now and cant afford anymore ... missing right now are 2 starting offensive lineman , starting LB and a FB , backup QB, and a couple of defensive lineman starters .... so they better be careful .. I dont know how Powell's injury situation is but its close to when the lights come on for real .... hope both teams are smart in their preparation .. I live in the Powell area and know former Powell coach Clark Duncan well ... so I pull for them in that region .. but I am Falcon alumni and always follow them .... they are going to have to have some players come thru for them or it is going to be a stretch for them to get back to the playoffs this year ... hopefully some of the injured guys can get back soon ...

I just heard the scrimmage has been moved back to Fulton.

825717343[/snapback]

I was told yesterday by the Powell head coach that it will be at Powell. There is an open house at Powell High on Thursday night, and apparently the principal prefers that the team doesn't travel that night.