Friendship Comes Out On Top

WJBDEVILS

The Multiplier did not effect FCS this year. They should have few barriers this year in baseball or football except maybe Trousdale Co. They should atleast get 1 State Championship. They are stacked with talent in both sports. They came out even better with defects from local Lebanon High School in the past year the have gotten 3 outstanding athletes from LHS. Jon Miller stand-out QB and IF/P. Brian Cravens starting SS for LHS defected in middle of the '05 season and just a week ago stand-out RB/DB and starting CF defected just weeks before kick off. Friendship has a dynasty. Atletes are drawn to that place. McNeil if you can't get it done now that all the good privates have gone up due to the mulitiplier and the new additions to your 2 programs well......FCS is so much better than the divisions that they are in. They would be very competitive in any division. Good Luck this year and don't beat up on the watertowns and the g-ville's too much! Watch out for Trousdale and you'll rule the division. It's a cake walk!!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Multiplier did not effect FCS this year.  They should have few barriers this year in baseball or football except maybe Trousdale Co.  They should atleast get 1 State Championship.  They are stacked with talent in both sports.  They came out even better with defects from local Lebanon High School in the past year the have gotten 3 outstanding athletes from LHS.  Jon Miller stand-out QB and IF/P.  Brian Cravens starting SS for LHS defected in middle of the '05 season and just a week ago stand-out RB/DB and starting CF defected just weeks before kick off.  Friendship has a dynasty.  Atletes are drawn to that place.  McNeil if you can't get it done now that all the good privates have gone up due to the mulitiplier and the new additions to your 2 programs well......FCS is so much better than the divisions that they are in.  They would be very competitive in any division.  Good Luck this year and don't beat up on the watertowns and the g-ville's too much!  Watch out for Trousdale and you'll rule the division.  It's a cake walk!!!!

825718337[/snapback]

Yeah and I'll bet all of those kids transfered for academics right??? Yeah they were good before those kids came and yes they will add in the years to come when they are all able to play. Yeah FCS has no one left in their division since they are one of the few the avoided the move up due to the multiplier. If I were them I'd move up anyways b/c you know any state champ they win this year football or baseball it will be a joke since most of the other private teams that could beat them moved up to the next division. However I'm not saying that they aren't good but they are a big fish now in a very small pond with very little fish competing with them. They're like a great white and their competition is like shrimp!!!! The Multiplier has made things tough for them now b/c any success will be hollow now. FCS move up and prove yourself!!! Don't be scared I'd put money on you guys on the next step up in football and baseball for sure!!! You're baseball team could cause all kinds of grief in AAA!!!

Are you kidding,they are not going to move up.

825720072[/snapback]

Yeah I know they are not going to move up, I'm just saying that they should and leave the little fish to their little pond. I'm sure if it were up to the kids they'd want to move up but McNeal isn't stupid. He's going to get him a state championship or 2 or 3 or you get the picture. He's got it made as long as he stays under the multiplier. I'll bet they have a so called waiting list now for kids that would like to go there. :):) I have heard that they are full and turning kids away. It's a great school though smaller teacher to student ratios which is wonderful. Although I've heard they have a waiting list......How did the athlete from LHS get ahead of the other kids on the list????? Some things must remain a mystery I guess. I do think that FCS could compete well in any division. Plus it just doesn't seem fair to the other small public schools that never succeed b/c of FCS's domination.....which did take a few years to become. They weren't always on top. McNeal has done wonders there. Now athletes go there to win plain and simple. But they just don't get the looks there that they deserve.....That's why they should move up.......so they'd face better comp. and get more serious looks from college coaches.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah I know they are not going to move up, I'm just saying that they should and leave the little fish to their little pond.  I'm sure if it were up to the kids they'd want to move up but McNeal isn't stupid.  He's going to get him a state championship or 2 or 3 or you get the picture.  He's got it made as long as he stays under the multiplier.  I'll bet they have a so called waiting list now for kids that would like to go there.  ;)  ;)  I have heard that they are full and turning kids away.  It's a great school though smaller teacher to student ratios which is wonderful.  Although I've heard they have a waiting list......How did the athlete from LHS get ahead of the other kids on the list?????  Some things must remain a mystery I guess.  I do think that FCS could compete well in any division.  Plus it just doesn't seem fair to the other small public schools that never succeed b/c of FCS's domination.....which did take a few years to become.  They weren't always on top.  McNeal has done wonders there.  Now athletes go there to win plain and simple.  But they just don't get the looks there that they deserve.....That's why they should move up.......so they'd face better comp. and get more serious looks from college coaches.

825720107[/snapback]

:thumb::D:lol: YOU ARE BLIND!!!

"They don't get the looks they deserve" ???

What an idiot.

I guess LEE Sweeney didn't get any good looks from the likes of Spurrier=South Carolina, Kentucky, Arizona State, Hawaii, and last years # 6 in the country LOUISVILLE. Please do your homework blindman before making such a ridiculous comment in the future.

You were right in stating that FCS can compete in any division in baseball. They do each year. Problem is that the other county "big" schools avoid them like the plaque because they got tired of getting beat and losing their players to McNeal's PROGRAM.

As far as your "it just isn't fair" comment. That sounds like a typical LHS fan who is tired of being Riverdale, Oakland and WC whipping boy. Life ain't fair and then you die. Stop pittying yourself and your team and get better.

By the way Blindman,

Friendship has 7 of the 13 players off this years Lebanon Dixie youth State runner-up team into their Jr. High this year. I guess they recruited those kids as well huh??

When will the people at LHS look inward and fix their problems instead of blaming everyone else for it?

they just don't get the looks there that they deserve

825720107[/snapback]

What???? They've had football signees at WKU, Carson Newman, Louisville, Cumberland (a LHS favorite), and several others ... I don't see LHS ballers racing out of the gates. Most go to Cumberland.

Now when you get into the baseball program it gets even more out of whack. Friendship sends them all over! Cumberland, Samford, Tusculum, MTSU, Lipscomb, UT, and tons of JUCOs. Several players have been drafted in the last 10-12 years in baseball. I only remember one from Lebanon (Adcock -great kid by the way - and Watertown transfer I might add).

Now why would they move up? Here is a testament to how small the school is - with the multiplier applied they STILL qualify for A ball. Dang that's small. Why would you play outside your size requires more than two times over when you still qualify to play A ball with the multiplier? In addition, FCS is in the non-assistance Public school division. How are they doing anything beyond the rules? Parents choose to send their kids their for a better school experience - sports, academics, religion, etc. In essence paying twice - taxes to the publics and tuition to FCS.

The parents of the kids at FCS pay taxes like everyone else. The taxes fund the schools which in turn funds the TSSAA. Why should they be held to a different standard?

Edited by tnsddeveloper

tnsddeveloper,

Well said again my friend and I believe the mulitplier is 1.8 for this year!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

As far as the Alsup kid getting admitted and others being on a waiting list. I believe FCS has limites on each class and his just happened to be under the limit. But that probably want make since to you either, R U Blindman!! :blink:

tnsddeveloper,

Well said again my friend and I believe the mulitplier is 1.8 for this year! 

:thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:

As far as the Alsup kid getting admitted and others being on a waiting list.  I believe FCS has limites on each class and his just happened to be under the limit.  But that  probably want make since to you either, R U Blindman!! :blink:

825733711[/snapback]

I firmly believe the "waitlist" thing is a bunch of hooey! There is no waitlist there ... never has been. That's just someone making crud up that doesn't know any better. You see that these people grasp at straws when they don't have any concrete "proof" of something they perceive as wrong going on.

:thumb:  :lol:  :lol: YOU ARE BLIND!!!

"They don't get the looks they deserve" ???

What an idiot.

I guess LEE Sweeney didn't get any good looks from the likes of Spurrier=South Carolina, Kentucky, Arizona State, Hawaii, and last years # 6 in the country LOUISVILLE.  Please do your homework blindman before making such a ridiculous comment in the future. 

You were right in stating that FCS can compete in any division in baseball.  They do each year.  Problem is that the other county "big" schools avoid them like the plaque because they got tired of getting beat and losing their players to McNeal's PROGRAM.

As far as your "it just isn't fair" comment.  That sounds like a typical LHS fan who is tired of being Riverdale, Oakland and WC whipping boy.  Life ain't fair and then you die.  Stop pittying yourself and your team and get better.

825733668[/snapback]

Mt. Juliet scheduled them for their senior day this past Spring and beat them playing all their seniors!! I've never known them to beat LHS in Baseball. They played some close ones but usually LHS has beaten them. What does LHS have to gain by playing them???? They are single A. If LHS beats them then everyone says they should b/c LHS is AAA. If FCS beats LHS then you'd never hear the end of it. So really they have nothing to gain. Which they don't have anything to gain by playing any of the Wilson Co. teams really. Mt. Juliet has always been good and are even better with Purvis. It'll take some time but LHS baseball will get better if the coach gets a few years to build a program and LHS quits losing kids to FCS and other local schools but baseball has been hardest hit by FCS.

Mt. Juliet scheduled them for their senior day this past Spring and beat them playing all their seniors!!  I've never known them to beat LHS in Baseball.  They played some close ones but usually LHS has beaten them.  What does LHS have to gain by playing them????  They are single A.  If LHS beats them then everyone says they should b/c LHS is AAA.  If FCS beats LHS then you'd never hear the end of it.  So really they have nothing to gain.  Which they don't have anything to gain by playing any of the Wilson Co. teams really.  Mt. Juliet has always been good and are even better with Purvis.  It'll take some time but LHS baseball will get better if the coach gets a few years to build a program and LHS quits losing kids to FCS and other local schools but baseball has been hardest hit by FCS.

825734815[/snapback]

MJ stunk to high heaven 10-15 years ago. They did not even resemble a decent team until Purvis got there. Now he has them rockin'! I would love for FCS to hire Purvis once McNeal leaves, but Purvis won't leave MJ since he is an alum (at least I don't think he would). I think Purvis is the best baseball coach in TN high school sports.

LHS days are numbered - as if they already haven't been numbered. School test scores are low, vandalism, gang fight rumors, athletes beginning to leave for private schools. LHS is actually doing the "recruiting" for the privates and other publics. I would be my parents to move if I were that age and zoned for LHS. Get used to it. LHS is second rate and will be third rate soon.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Mt. Juliet scheduled them for their senior day this past Spring and beat them playing all their seniors!!  I've never known them to beat LHS in Baseball.  They played some close ones but usually LHS has beaten them.  What does LHS have to gain by playing them????  They are single A.  If LHS beats them then everyone says they should b/c LHS is AAA.  If FCS beats LHS then you'd never hear the end of it.  So really they have nothing to gain.  Which they don't have anything to gain by playing any of the Wilson Co. teams really.  Mt. Juliet has always been good and are even better with Purvis.  It'll take some time but LHS baseball will get better if the coach gets a few years to build a program and LHS quits losing kids to FCS and other local schools but baseball has been hardest hit by FCS.

825734815[/snapback]

Friendship has beaten LHS 2/3 of the times they have played in the past 15 years. They even beat em up physically in a brawl when A. Ford was pitching for LHS in the early 90's. Your only logical comment I've read on these message boards is that "LHS should beat Friendship because LHS is AAA".

Problem is they can't beat em!!!

That is why they stopped scheduling them.

Purvis is a quality man and also a quality young coach! He teaches his players the game the same way Woody taught it to him. You want find him or McNeal cursing in the dugout or drinking beer in the parking lot after practice like some former LHS coaches have been known to do.

LHS should have kept S. Hunt or Q. Martin and they could have built a similar program to FCS or MJ. Problem is the old school people in Lebanon still think they are a football school. :thumb::lol:

Everyone else is intelligent enough to realize L.H.S. athletics are second tier to Friendship, WC, and MJ!

Edited by Volzchamps