White House Christian Academy

timbdp

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHCA is allowing home school kids play on their middle school team.  I was told this is why they dropped out of TSSAA.  That would allow them to play whoever they wanted.  With their enrollment so low the home school kids give them a chance to field teams.  The way I understand it they will do the same with other sports as well, basketball etc....  You are correct they where members of the TSSAA but never fielded a varsity team.

825722055[/snapback]

I was tod today that they have kids from piblic school playing on their team as well.... I guess that is ok.... Not being a member of a governing body there isnt any rules that have to be followed. Heck if they wanted to they could let 20 year olds play. I wish the kids well but I am not sure that this is fair to the students whom parents pay for them to attend school there and get beat out for playing time by some kid who dont attend the school. I also understand that they have some scholarship kids in school which would have meant that they would have to play Division II in TSSAA which would have been an absoulute disaster.....

I was tod today that they have kids from piblic school playing on their team as well....  I guess that is ok.... Not being a member of a governing body there isnt any rules that have to be followed.  Heck if they wanted to they could let 20 year olds play.  I wish the kids well but I am not sure that this is fair to the students whom parents pay for them to attend school there and get beat out for playing time by some kid who dont attend the school.  I also understand that they have some scholarship kids in school which would have meant that they would have to play Division II in TSSAA which would have been an absoulute disaster.....

825730221[/snapback]

I agree with what your saying Timber. My understanding is, the kids that dont go to school @ WHCA may consider starting school there to help with the enrollment if they allow them to play there for free. I heard they will allow this to go on for 2-3 years. Then do away with the free open football and other sports teams.