DB @ SULLIVAN SOUTH WEEK 1

ArtVandalay

As far as the parade through Db goes I say no harm no foul I dont have anythign against, the other team parading through DB and honking there horns, like Tribal said I dont see the point, it only makes them mad, and you dont want to see DB mad.

825724833[/snapback]

:o oh my goodness! let's not make those big bad Indians mad! <_< hey contender, i have an idea...........let's make them mad one year before the playoffs start! thumb

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well....I admit I am a big South Fan and I didn't really want to come on here and make some sort of prediction as I had no idea what the always good DB team had this year. But now I have watched the replay of the DB/Betsy game on the local cable and you know what? I think there is blood in the water and DB is fishbait. South is better at just about every position. They have a better quarterback, running backs and receivers. Their offensive line is just a tad smaller, but just as strong. Their defense is head and shoulders above the Indians this year. I think the streak stops the day after tomorrow. Strap em on tight Indians. WHO DAT SAY DEY GONNA BEAT DB? The Sullivan South Rebels, thats who.

Edited by SSFan

The DB/South game should be much better than in recent past. Coach Clark and the rest of his excellent staff always are prepared to play, yr. in and out. South has shown up with spirit, but hasn't had the players, depth or coaching to make a game of it. It's always tough to play a larger school with twice the coaching staff, particularly when South's coaches have been playing musical chairs, changing every yr or two.

Now with Coach Carter in his 2nd yr. and a starting group that can play, it should be a game. Depth as usual heavily favors the Tribe with speed not far behind, but the starters against starters, particularly the offensive backfield might even slant toward the Rebels. Should be interesting, at least for a half.

Of interest, if South's football program gets legs (like it's Bball team which got the best of DBs last yr. and will likely be the best in NE TN this yr.), the Rebel athletic program should be enjoyable to follow at least as long as there's stability in the coaching staff.

If I understand the situation at South on offense, the Rebels are led by a Soph. QB. Not taking anything away from this player, but I would not want to be facing the corp of DB LB's with so little experience. The ENTIRE DB Defense will more than make up for a size differential in one position on the field. My guess is that South will be very lucky to complete 30% of their passes or maybe not even be able to get 50% of the pass plays to actually involve a "pass." It will be "Helter Skelter" in Death Valley. Their is no question about it, this DB Team is led by the Defense and that is just fine with me. Maybe a return to smash mouth Football in Kingsport. DB Standouts on Defense are CJ Stabler, Andrew Pappas, Brandon Thompson, Halston Hale, Cody Burnette, Aaron Marsh, JoJo Throp, Wesley Jones, plus many others... Loaded to the max and most of 'em are Jr's.

I doubt this will be a high scoring game, turnovers will be huge (DB had 0 against Betsy) and DB does have a GREAT Kicking game, which includes one of the best punters in the State in Cameron Tate and automatic End Zone Kickoffs by Chis McGinn. When DB kicks off, the best field position available for the Rebels will be their own 20, because the ball will be in and maybe out of the End Zone, everytime. So it will be 1st and 80, time after time for South.

On offense I hope to see more of #4 Bo Burton at QB and #3 Terrence Maxwell and #37 Matt Creech at Running Back.

An 11 game win streak in the Series by the Indians is on the line.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Well....I admit I am a big South Fan and I didn't really want to come on here and make some sort of prediction as I had no idea what the always good DB team had this year.  But now I have watched the replay of the DB/Betsy game on the local cable and you know what?  I think there is blood in the water and DB is fishbait.  South is better at just about every position.  They have a better quarterback, running backs and receivers.  Their offensive line is just a tad smaller, but just as strong.  Their defense is head and shoulders above the Indians this year.  I think the streak stops the day after tomorrow.  Strap em on tight Indians. WHO DAT SAY DEY  GONNA BEAT DB?  The Sullivan South Rebels, thats who.

825725264[/snapback]

<_<

LOL....... :o

No way you Rebel fans believe this?????

DB may have the BEST defence of any Indian team in the last 15 years!

:lol:

Edited by tu_fueta

I just talked with my dawg Cameron Tate who assured me that the kickers under the new kicking coach, BigReno, would be even better than last week.  Chris "Can't Miss" will again put all the KO's through the endzone. 

D-B 35

South 10

825725832[/snapback]

Not to be a smart butt here, but if this game is decided by a KICKER, i don't wanna be there! Kickers aren't football players. Just ask Bill Parcells! He once asked the trainer if the kicker could go on Sunday or not?? The trainer said, I don't think he can play. Bill said, oh come on, he doesn't have to play, he just needs to kick!! I'm tired of hearing about how great D-B's kickers are! Let's talk about ALL of their state championships!! Not the mythical ones either! B)

Not to be a smart butt here, but if this game is decided by a KICKER, i don't wanna be there!  Kickers aren't football players.  Just ask Bill Parcells!  He once asked the trainer if the kicker could go on Sunday or not??  The trainer said, I don't think he can play.  Bill said, oh come on, he doesn't have to play, he just needs to kick!!  I'm tired of hearing about how great D-B's kickers are!  Let's talk about ALL of their state championships!!  Not the mythical ones either!  B)

825725847[/snapback]

No, I have a better idea, lets talk about all of South's championships.

one state baseball championship in 87 and 2 or 3 volleyball championships over the last few years.  now list ALL of D-B's in any sport please.  i heard they came close in bowling last year  B)

825725884[/snapback]

Since 87? You asked for it, I will list runner up teams and individual champs as well

Boys Tennis 2005 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 2-4 Memphis

Girls Tennis 2005 Class AAA Team Champions 4-0 Memphis

Girls Tennis 2005 Class AAA Doubles Champions Ali Beavers & Amy Beavers 6-2, 6-4 Memphis

Boys Tennis 2005 Class AAA Doubles Champions Josh Davis & Matt Stanley 6-2, 6-4 Memphis

Boys Tennis 2004 Class AAA Team Champions 4-3 Memphis

Girls Tennis 2004 Class AAA Team Champions 4-1 Memphis

Boys Tennis 2004 Class AAA Doubles Champions Matt Stanley & Harrison Maloy 6-2, 7-6 Memphis

Girls Tennis 2004 Class AAA Doubles Champions Ali Beavers & Amy Beavers 6-0, 7-5 Memphis

Wrestling 2003 Division I 145 Weight Class Champion Steven McKinney Chattanooga

Boys Tennis 2003 Class AAA Team Champions 4-0 Memphis

Girls Track 2002 Class AAA Shot Put Champion Morgan Hyatt 41' 0.5" Chattanooga

Girls Track 2002 Class AAA Discus Champion Morgan Hyatt 123' 7" Chattanooga

Girls Track 2001 Class AAA Shot Put Champion Morgan Hyatt 40' 9.5" Chattanooga

Boys Track 2001 Class AAA 400 Meter Relay Champions :41.60 Chattanooga

Boys Track 2001 Class AAA Triple Jump Champion Gerald Sensabaugh 46' 11" Chattanooga

Boys Track 1998 Class AAA 110 Meter High Hurdles Champion Jeremy Graves 14.23

Boys Track 1998 Class AAA 300 Meter Intermediate Low Hurdles Champion Jeremy Graves 37.27

Boys Track 1998 Class AAA 400 Meter Dash Champion Teddy Gaines 47.55

Boys Track 1998 Class AAA Long Jump Champion Jeremy Graves 23' 5"

Boys Cross Country 1997 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 110 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1997 Class AAA Team Champions 56 Percy Warner

Boys Track 1997 Class AAA 400 Meter Dash Champion Teddy Gaines 48.15

Boys Cross Country 1996 Class AAA Team Champions 83 Percy Warner

Boys Track 1996 Class AAA 1600 Meter Relay Champions 3:18.84

Baseball 1996 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 2-3 Chattanooga - Engle Stadium

Girls Cross Country 1995 Class AAA Individual Champion Carla McCready 17:34 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1995 Class AAA Team Champions 57 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1995 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 89 Percy Warner

Girls Track 1995 Class AAA 1600 Meter Run Champion Carla McCready 5:09.98

Girls Track 1995 Class AAA 3200 Meter Run Champion Carla McCready 11:14.80

Girls Track 1995 Class AAA 800 Meter Run Champion Elli Bonnett 2:17.2

Girls Track 1995 Class AAA Team Relay Runner-Up 70

Girls Track 1995 Class AAA Team Champions 72 Chattanooga

Girls Soccer 1995 Team Champions (19-3-1) 4-2 Brentwood

Girls Cross Country 1994 Class AAA Individual Champion Carla McCready 17:57 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1994 Class AAA Individual Runner-Up Elli Bonnett 18:14 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1994 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 67 Percy Warner

Girls Track 1994 Class AAA 1600 Meter Run Champion Carla McCready 5:12.56

Girls Track 1994 Class AAA 3200 Meter Run Champion Carla McCready 11:36.4

Girls Track 1994 Class AAA Team Relay Runner-Up 67

Girls Soccer 1994 Team Runner-Up 2-3 Brentwood

Baseball 1994 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 1-8 Chattanooga - Engle Stadium

Girls Cross Country 1993 Class AAA Individual Champion Carla McCready 17:54 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1993 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 63 Percy Warner

Boys Track 1993 Class AAA Long Jump Champion Nick Williams 23' 6. 75"

Girls Cross Country 1992 Class AAA Team Champions 49 Percy Warner

Boys Track 1992 Class AAA Long Jump Champion Nick Williams 22' 5.25"

Girls Golf 1991 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 350 Horton

Boys Track 1991 Class AAA 1600 Meter Run Champion Kevin Odiorne 4:20.6

Soccer 1991 Team Runner-Up 1-2 Brentwood

Boys Cross Country 1990 Individual Runner-Up Kevin Odiorne 15:33 Percy Warner

Boys Cross Country 1990 Class AAA Team Champions 48 Percy Warner

Girls Cross Country 1990 Class AAA Team Runner-Up 60 Percy Warner

Boys Track 1990 Class AAA 3200 Meter Run Champion Kevin Odiorne 9:25.56

Girls Golf 1989 Team Champions 373 Horton