Week 1 - Greenbrier VS Lipscomb

GreenbrierCat2

Are these also Ohio high schools?  If so I am not familiar with them.

825725695[/snapback]

Mt. Union College is located in Alliance, OH just outside on Canton. They are the 7 time NCAA Division III National Champions and have the longest winning streak in NCAA football history. The other two schools are their arch rivals located in Cleveland. Lipscomb has on their staff a former Mt. Union All American and a National Championship member. A former Mustang off their 2002 State Championship Team went up there to play for Mt. Union. His fomer girlfriend graduated from McKinnley.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we are in the Mid-west, who will win this year's St. Ignas/Cheybogan matchup on 9/9? You just have to love that Straights Area Conference.

How about Frasier vs Utica this Friday? Frasier football hasn't been the same since Jesse Blair went to Central Michigan and Matt Sorgi went to Wisconsin. This may be the year the excitement returns to the Rams sidelines.

Mt. Union College is located in Alliance, OH just outside on Canton.  They are the 7 time NCAA Division III National Champions and have the longest winning streak in NCAA football history.  The other two schools are their arch rivals located in Cleveland.  Lipscomb has on their staff a former Mt. Union All American and a National Championship member.  A former Mustang off their 2002 State Championship Team went up there to play for Mt. Union.  His fomer girlfriend graduated from McKinnley.

825725716[/snapback]

Vandy1 Do you have any proof that this so called coach really went to Mt. Union? It could be another George O'leary story when the truth came out after he was hired that he had falsified his resume.

As for Ted Nancy, I can't discuss Wisconsin football as I am obviously a Minnesota fan. While I am at it that reminds me, Ogilvie High has an open date on Sept 23, anybody want to come up here and play us?

Vandy1 Do you have any proof that this so called coach really went to Mt. Union?  It could be another George O'leary story when the truth came out after he was hired that he had falsified his resume.

As for Ted Nancy, I can't discuss Wisconsin football as I am obviously a Minnesota fan.  While I am at it that reminds me, Ogilvie High has an open date on Sept 23, anybody want to come up here and play us?

825725801[/snapback]

Yes I do. His picture resides in the Hall of the Athletic Complex at Mt. Union in and area of The All-Americans. I've seen the picture.

WOW!!! vandy1 takes top prize.Job well done except for the McKinley reference.Screw a bunch of bulldogs! Massillon Washington.Mt. Union College and Canton(kantwin) McKinley are all in Stark County,OHIO.Goooooo Buckeyes!!! 

visit MASSILLONPROUD.com today!

825725764[/snapback]

While I agree that vandy1 is a smart man he hardly takes the cake on Stark county area expertise. He forgot to mention:

Hoover

Glenoak

Perry

Lake

Timken

Alliance

Jackson

Canton South

Minerva

Green

He also didn't mention Walsh University or Malone College

He didn't mention Belden Village, Diebold, Timken Co.

He also didn't mention all the scandals that Massillon High School has faced because of recruiting violations and paying players. but that's a subject for another day.

As long as we are in the Mid-west, who will win this year's St. Ignas/Cheybogan matchup on 9/9?  You just have to love that Straights Area Conference. 

How about Frasier vs Utica this Friday?  Frasier football hasn't been the same since Jesse Blair went to Central Michigan and Matt Sorgi went to Wisconsin.  This may be the year the excitement returns to the Rams sidelines.

825725766[/snapback]

Careful, Ted, the Phonics Fairies are swarming around these parts... I've got it as St. Ignace/Cheboygan. Regardless, I'm taking the Chiefs of Cheboygan in that one. But in the SAC, I am continuing my streak of darkhorse calls, look for the Sault Sainte Marie Blue Devils, who went 5-4 last year, to make some noise up there this season. Take not into account the irony of their name when considering the power of their football.

As for the Fraser - Utica matchup, with Fraser at 168 and Utica at 51 according to pre-season strength rankings, I'm going to play the odds and take Fraser. Why not?

While I agree that vandy1 is a smart man he hardly takes the cake on Stark county area expertise.  He forgot to mention:

Hoover

Glenoak

Perry

Lake

Timken

Alliance

Jackson

Canton South

Minerva

Green

He also didn't mention Walsh University or Malone College

He didn't mention Belden Village, Diebold, Timken Co.

He also didn't mention all the scandals that Massillon High School has faced because of recruiting violations and paying players.  but that's a subject for another day.

825725829[/snapback]

The Athletic building at Mt. Union I believe is named the Timken (sp) Building. We love the French Dressing and Chocolate made at the Hartsville Kitchen near by. I also failed to mention Capital University, Muskigum(sp) College, Otterbein, Marietta, Wilmington and Wooster Colleges and my favorite restaurants: Mike's Roadhouse Charleys and All you can eat Ribs at Damon's.

Man, bombsquad....... sorry, but the reason the Bobcats think your story is lame, well, because it IS lame........

Now, later on this year, when the Bobcats and Blue Devils hook up, come to our thread and you'll understand the TRUE meaning of storytelling.......

Until then, keep practicing......

825724988[/snapback]

Greenbrier and White House, the rivalry heard around the ...well come to think about it I don't think anyone outside of Robertson Co. talks about it.

WOW!!! vandy1 takes top prize.Job well done except for the McKinley reference.Screw a bunch of bulldogs! Massillon Washington.Mt. Union College and Canton(kantwin) McKinley are all in Stark County,OHIO.Goooooo Buckeyes!!! 

visit MASSILLONPROUD.com today!

825725764[/snapback]

Toto -- er, I mean COACHT --- aren't we STILL in Tennessee??? B)